Make Sure With God About All He Is Committed To Do With You

"make sure with God about all He is committed to do with you"

In another Internet place, I read about someone who is working a lot, his wife is in Christian school, and he's concerned about paying for everything and spending time with family and church. I was shocked at how one poster advised him to make tapes with bedtime stories for his kids.

So, I offered this > which I offer here for our discussion > I realize how being "shocked" does n - o - t guarantee that I am right!!!! >

I'm not sure technology is the way to relate with your children. They need to feed on your example of how you are as a Christian and how you relate with your wife in marriage, so they can grow up knowing how to walk with God and relate in marriage. I am not sure they can get this by listening to bedtime stories on tape or whatever it is people use, now.

And who is mentoring them? It sounds like your wife might also be busy and absentee. TV, video games, computers, peers, immature babysitters . . . if your children bond with these, instead of with you, they might not be bonded with you later so they listen to what you say to them. Of course, in the United States, it is epidemic how children have been brought up babysat by toys and technology and play peers, and now parents are clueless why it is their kids are so intelligent but they can't tell their children what they need to get. It "may" be because bonding in love is needed > not just tell tell telling - - not only understanding spoken language, but we need deeper bonding and communication of God's love.

They need demonstration of what you are telling them, and Sunday School and day care "might" not give them actual Holy Spirit demo of how God has us relating as family and in marriage and as His church. Just telling them is not enough; they "might" be intelligent enough to get the words and ideas, though, and learn to copy-cat whoever they are spending the most time with, who is giving them the pleasures and attention they want. Who is that? I hope not actors in movies and on video games!

We need to feed example and lead with example, to my knowledge. Doesn't this mean personal sharing with our children, inviting them and winning them to join us and share with us in doing things that are good? > "nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." () And I believe Christian example includes making them wise to any way we are wrong, so they can learn to get wise to how they can be wrong, also, and gain from our example of honesty with ourselves, "and how they see us getting correction from God."

So, this takes time spent together. This can give us Christian education, can't it? "Isn't Christian marriage a research laboratory for making breakthrough discoveries in how love in a close and family relationship? So, is this not essential for a real Christian education?" Yes, in college laboratories, we spend hours, not just catch me as you can moments.

But there is no other couple like you two; God is creative; so He will create the marriage and life He is committed to sharing with you. So, God bless you to submit to Him and discover all He has for you. By the way, God's ways are "past finding out," we have in . The ways of loving, then, are going to be "past finding out". You won't get bored, discovering how our Father has you sharing with Him and each other! No one is smart enough to tell you how to do this, no magic predictable formula can work, but this comes with submitting to our Father.

So - - I would say, if you both are capable of submitting to God, "without complaining and disputing" () which is basic to relating and sharing in God's love, He will have you discovering together what to do > "submitting to one another in the fear of God." ()

"And if her college has not already gotten her started in this, I am concerned about what kind of education she is getting."

With Jesus we learn > "'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" ()

Oh, in the above sharing, the Bible quote at the end is Matthew 11:29 > "'Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

Back