Man created In the image of God.

Man created In the image of God.

Question: "What does it mean that man is made in the image of God?"

Answer:
On the last day of creation, God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness” (Genesis 1:26). Thus, He finished His work with a “personal touch.” God formed man from the dust and gave him life by sharing His own breath (Genesis 2:7). Accordingly, man is unique among all God’s creations, having both a material body and an immaterial soul/spirit.
Source: What does it mean that man is made in the image of God?

When you think about it, we are levels below God, what do I mean? Well we can create, but we are under His creation.
We can create some pretty cool things ourselves, but at the end of the day we are creating them from Gods original creation. Thus pretty much turning it back to God Himself, because without His creation, we would have nothing to create, we wouldn't even exist.
So yes we can create and we can do that pretty well, thanks to God creating us somewhat like Him..
But at the end of each day, Gods still the all powerful one and we have nothing to boast except His amazing ability to create.

God bless.

Genesis 1

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image<06754>, after our likeness<01823>: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image<06754>, in the image<06754> of God created he him; male and female created he them.

06754 Mlu tselem tseh’- lem

from an unused root meaning to shade; n m; {See TWOT on 1923 @@ ‘1923a’}

AV-image 16, vain shew 1; 17

1) image
1a) images (of tumours, mice, heathen gods)
1b) image, likeness (of resemblance)
1c) mere, empty, image, semblance (fig.)

01823 twmd d@muwth dem-ooth’

from 01819; ;{ See TWOT on 437 @@ ‘437a’}

AV-likeness 19, similitude 2, like 2, manner 1, fashion 1; 25

n f
1) likeness, similitude

adv
2) in the likeness of, like as

01819 hmd damah daw-maw’

a primitive root; v; {See TWOT on 437}

AV-like 14, liken 5, thought 6, compared 1, devised 1, meaneth 1, similitudes 1; 29

1) to be like, resemble
1a) (Qal) to be like, resemble
1b) (Piel)
1b1) to liken, compare
1b2) to imagine, think
1c) (Hithpael) to make oneself like
1d) (Niphal)

I'd say it has to do with appearing like . and being like . Both Male and Female look like God . on the inside and outside . interesting .

yep, which is why we have the ability to create from His creation.

Kinda like a computer system I guess.
Admin level (God)
User level has limitations on what they can create/do (us)
LOL another thought;
God can create/install programs, we can use them.

We are below God, but some what like Him in how we create.
We are ALWAYS below God in the end though!
Which is why we shouldnt act God like, or boast for things that are really not that great.

Should we like the computer game we created? sure... Should we say "Look at this, I did this all by myself"
When we really did not, we used a heap of coding programs already made by MS and the big guns to create the end product...
Ahhhh, this is getting weird so ill stop lol.

God's image is LOVE!

Therefore, man is the image of that LOVE!

We are to love like He loves . . . UNCONDITIONALLY!

:smiley160:

God's image is LOVE!

Therefore, man is the image of that LOVE!

We are to love like He loves . . . UNCONDITIONALLY!

:smiley160:

Great response . Love is the key . As we love Christ , His love becomes more and more real in our own lives because we are to be like Him .

John 13:13-17

13"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. 15I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want...." It's a perfect picture of God's love for His children, providing for their needs, keeping them safe from predators, and guiding them away from danger.

Read Psalm 23 and really understand how God loves us .... Unconditionally .

Back