Mark 3:29

Mark 3:29

hey,

28 I promise you that any of the sinful things you say or do can be forgiven, no matter how terrible those things are. 29 3.29 Lk 12.10.
29 But if you speak against the Holy Spirit, you can never be forgiven. That sin will be held against you forever.
Mark 3:28, 29

can anyone of you explain this, I asked some reverends, but they haven't answerd yet, but I'm looking for explaination for some long time now.

Gods Speed

Blasphamy against God is not allowed.

Example. You killl someone, and you claim that God told you to do so, even if he didn't. Thats Blasphamy against the Holy Spirit. Or blaming anything ungodly in your life on God, thats the same deal.

I believe there is a forum here we have discussed this topic and there should be some information.
Could you be referring to the unforgivable sin, deny the Holy Spirit.

The unpardonable
Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
1 John 5:16-17 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

The Holy Spirit is God's awesome power manifest. He draws us and leads us to Christ. Some say when we reject His leading and refuse Christ that is blasphemy. The Pharisee's mocked the miracles of Christ and attributed the moving of God's hand to satan, Jesus called that blasphemy. Personally I believe they knew better but did not want to surrender their power and position so they rejected Christ.
Another aspect to consider is the gentle nature of God's Holy Spirit. He is so precious to the Father that He did not send Him until Jesus asked. He cna be grieved and He can be quenched. He is both awesome in power and tender in heart.

Looking at the entire scenario.

Jesus is talking to the crowd before the scribes that just told the crowd that he was demon-possesed.
This is a case of these early theologians talking themselves into a corner;
If you want to discredit miracles by the spirit, discredit the spirit itself.
As it states in both Jeremiah and the gospels, they are people without the law, they are cursed.
This means that they fully expected the ignorant to not know any better.
For the people and even the scribes, a miracle was an undeniable proof of legitimate ministry, at this time it was common knowledge and the phrase itself was of common usage.

Where is the blasphemy?
They were willing to demonize otherwise undeniable works by the spirit in order to not change the staus quo.
If you demonize the miracle, you demonize the minister, you demonize God himself, not a good deal...

Back