Mark of the beast?

I am sure there won't be any ambiguity as to what the mark of the beast means. When one will accept that mark, he/she will be willing to pledge total allegiance to "the beast" and its world system.

mark of the beast

Clearly it says in revelations that you won't be able to buy or sell. So this is a physical mark that others are going to be able to see. In Revelations 13 it is so clear on this that you can't take it any other way. I think it will be some type of electronic device.

Well, I can envision it like a company store. If you're not working for the company, you won't receive wages. It seems we agree there. You won't be working due to your beliefs or refusal to sign some kind of agreement. That is sign enough. Doesn't require a chip, imo. This is all speculation, tho, isn't it?

Anyway, only God knows how it will happen. I believe the world will continue to get worse and worse, then Jesus will return for the quick and the dead.

The mark of the beast needn't be literal and physical; the context doesn't support it (beasts, dragons, fire from heaven, leopards, lions and bears, oh my!). More than likely it is merely referring to the fact that people are performing evil deeds with their mind and hands. As for not buying and selling, it may simply be referring to the fact that Christians and those who belong to the devil are not to have fellowship with one another, which makes sense.

Puppet: I agree, this is all speculation. God is in control. We, the beleivers, will be well taken care of and well aware of what to do and where to go. Maranatha.

It would make sense if the mark of the beast is something that could not be seen with a physical after all the bible says as believers we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13, 4:30). If the Lord knows that are His (2Timothy 2:19), the beast might have a way of knowing those that are his by having them sealed with a mark of some sort.
Let us watch and pray:pray: (Matthew 26:41), study the word :read-bible:(2Timothy 2:15) and test/try all spirits(1John4:1); then we won't be deceived.

Revelation 14 seems to imply it will be a physical mark:

"9 - And a third angel followed them and spoke with a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10- he will also drink the wine of God's wrath, which is mixed full strength in the cup of His anger...

If you take the King James Version wording in Revelation 14 BACK to the original manuscript words in 'street' Greek, the words mean that the 'Mark of the Beast' is INSIDE your forehead... IN YOUR MIND, not a physical mark.

The Mark of the Beast means ONLY that those, who are not knowledgable in God's Word, will be deceived by Satan and will worship him when he appears as the antichrist at the Sixth Trump. That worship of him is IN your mind because of his deception and is NOT a physical mark. Don't take my word for it. Go to Revelation 14 (KJV) and use a high quality Strong's Concordance to check this out for yourselves. It is simple to verify and puts away all the conjecture and man-made misunderstandings about what has been discussed here. For those who are unwilling to use the Strong's Concordance to see what the original wording actually was, we will pray for you because YOU will be among those who will be deceived.

Hello all:

I think everyone should start at the beginning of the Book of Revelation and also look at the last few verses before they jump in the middle of the book and start talking about the “mark of the beast.”
When John (through the Holy Spirit) writes the letter, he is talking to an audience who understands the symbols and phrases the Revelation uses. If we in the 21 century were to tell someone in the first century “that’s cool”… they would think you were cold. It’s a phrase we understand in this century.
We need to understand God’s phrases, “coming in clouds, last days, the elements of the heavens such as the sun, moon and stars being used. For example many times you see the sun, moon and stars used such as Gen 37:9ff where Joseph had a dream and he told his dad that the stars bowed down to him etc. His dad rebuked him and said “shall I, thy mother and brothers come and bow down before thee?” Here the sun, moon & stars represent the headship of a family and family. In several other places in the bible we see where the sun, moon and stars fall from heaven to represent a government falling.
In Matthew 24 we see where Jesus is telling the Jewish leaders that their nation is fixing to fall and Jesus uses the sun, moon and stars to represent the Jewish leaders. Jesus ends up in Matthew 24 telling the Jewish authorities that “all these things will come on this generation!” This was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when General Titus destroyed the Jewish economy.

Now, back to John and the Book of Revelation:
He begins his story (Revelation) and in Rev 1:1 tells his audience “….these things MUST SHORTLY come to pass. And then in verse 3 (1:3), he says, “…the time IS AT HAND.”
John then tells the Revelation and ends the story by repeating himself, Rev 22:6 “…THESE THINGS MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS and Rev 22:10, “…don’t seal the sayings of this book FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND.” (John said “don’t seal this book” & Daniel (12:4) said, “…seal this book …” Daniel’s prophecy took place 430 yrs later, but he was told to “seal the book.” John said, “…don’t seal the book.”)

Now there are those who will come back and say that “one day is as a thousand years to the Lord.” My answer to that is God is NOT talking to Himself, He is sending a message, a warning, to a group of people IN THE FIRST CENTURY.

The Book of Revelation is a book that warns the first century Christians about the coming beast, the Roman king, Domitian. (Nero is one of the beasts reigning at the time of the writing of Revelation. OOOOh I know, many will tell you that the Book of Revelation was written in 94/96 A.D. I don’t agree at all, neither does a group of scholars. I think the book was written before the destruction of Jerusalem.)

You need to look at the Book of Daniel along with the Revelation. Daniel saw the same things as John saw. Daniel saw “forward” (seeing the animals) and John looked “backward.” (animals mentioned in reverse order)

Look at the seven heads. (Rev 17:9,10) The heads have a twofold significance: They stand for the seven hills and they stand for the seven kings.
I think these verses are the ‘key’ to understanding Revelation.

Who are these seven kings? Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula (Gaius), Nero, Vespasian and Titus. Revelation says five of the seven are fallen (Rev17:10). The five are:

1.Augustus,

2.Tiberius,

3.Caligula,

4.Claudius,

5. Nero.

One, we are told “is”,(Rev 17:10) that would be Vespasian.
And another is not yet come – that would be Titus. And when he cometh, he must continue a little while. Titus ruled two years.
The whole picture is essentially taken from Daniel. In apocalyptic speech heads or horns may be used to stand for kings.
Daniel uses horns in reference to the fourth beast where John uses heads. Read the text of Daniel 7, especially from verses 7 and onward. Daniel speaks of the 4th beast as having ten horns and then another horn which "uproots" three of the former horns, (Daniel 7 verses 7 ,8, 19-25)
Here's how Daniel saw the kings of Revelation:
1.Augustus
2.Tiberius
3. Caligula
4.Claudius
5.Nero
6. Galba*
7. Otho*
8. Vitellius*
9. Vespasian
10.Titus
11. Domitian
* (these three were "uprooted")

The eleventh horn (king) according to Daniel is the chief personality. He is to get all our attention and so to him is credited the uprooting of the three of the horns. This means tht beast now has eight and the little horn is number 8.
As presented by John, heads represent kings (again 17:10) as in Daniel, horns represented kings (7:24). In Daniel three of the kings are uprooted by the eleventh king now become the eight (7:24) and in Revelation, three are IGNORED and we are left with eight. John takes the vision from Daniel as he finds it ---with three missing.
But does John speak of eight heads? YES, Rev 17:11.

Who is the fourth beast of Daniel? Everyone agrees it is Rome. If my parallel is correct, so is the beast of Revelation 13. We re encouraged in this view by the fact that the beast of Revelation 13 is a composite creature, made up of elements which composed Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. In Daniel, th order is lion, bear, and leopard (but then he is looking to the future), and in Revelation 13:2 it is leopard, bear, and lion, for John is looking backward.

I don’t have enough time to develop this nor room to write anymore. Those interested, pm me and let’s start another thread.

Your servant in Messiah, Jesus
Semper Fi,
cdj

I want to PM you but you have to enable that option!:)

I'll just say it here.
I think you should copy/paste this and start a new thread because it is a very interesting topic.
I do understand about Daniel and Revelations but it is very hard to understand the meaning of it all.

How do I enable PM?

Violet, I looked through the "CP" page to enable my PM, but couldn't find
the enable block.... where is it?
thanks,
cdj

See the blue line at the top~
go to user CP and look to your left at options.
If you still need help let me know!

Unless something has changed, you need to have more posts before you can PM.

Mark of the Beast

I did some research on this subject. I looked at the original greek, word for word with a dictionary for biblical terms. The greek word used in Revelation 14:9 for mark of the beast is kharagmah. This is the same word used to describe a branding on a horse or a physical stamp. This clearly shows that the mark of the beast is a physical mark. Just do a search in google and you'll find the same information.

Back