Mary, The Mother Of Our Lord.

Most of us here are Christian, but of course we hold some differences in doctrine -- obvious, I know.

I'd love to hear your personal perspective of Mary. Tell me in your words who was Mary and what was her purpose. What do you think of her? Is she still relevant today? Who was she to Jesus and who was Jesus to her?

There is no wrong answer because I am only asking for your belief and perspective. I ask out of sheer curiosity.

Most of us here are Christian, but of course we hold some differences in doctrine -- obvious, I know.

I'd love to hear your personal perspective of Mary. Tell me in your words who was Mary and what was her purpose. What do you think of her? Is she still relevant today? Who was she to Jesus and who was Jesus to her?

There is no wrong answer because I am only asking for your belief and perspective. I ask out of sheer curiosity.
Let me reply before this goes completely off track :)

Mary is a sinner saved by grace and finished work of Jesus Christ.. That is Mary as a person.. God chose Mary for His purpose.. It was an election and not based on her works or deeds.. It was something she earned.. But God simply chose her and enabled her to show that faith..

What she was/is to Jesus is what we are to Jesus.. A daughter to Son of God.. She was mother of Son of man for a limited period.. But that was for when Jesus was veiled in flesh..

Is she relevant today? yes.. In what sense? As a person who exhibited faith in Jesus Christ just live any other saint..

Looks like we can learn some things from the life of Mary. She had found favor (highly favored) with the Lord, and she was blessed. The Son of God would come forth from within her, kinda sounds like the new birth. To be able to please God and find favor with God she had to have faith, because without faith it is impossible to please him. She, like Abraham staggered not at the promises of God but was strong in faith giving Glory to God!! When she said, "be it unto me according to thy word." How much more does the Lord want to hear that from his Church!

Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luke 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Luke 1:36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Greetings:

There are many females who were molested in their youth.Some have a shaky warm/cold relationship with a man- like God.
I believe God has pushed Mary to the forefront,so that some bring flowers and light candles,and sing loud in church in order to have
joy like the normal.

bye

Back