(Mat 7:20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

I know that this is probably a bad question but I am confused. Does this passage mean that we cannot be children of God unless we are successful at sharing God's word? I know that God is the one who calls people to Himself but are we judged by how many people we share the Word with? For example is a pastor who shares the Word with millions of people more likely to be saved than one who goes through his entire life and only shares the Word with a handful of people?

There are many kinds of fruit that can be brought forth, If we abide in the Vine His life will flow in and through us. We will produce fruits according to our gifts and callings in the body of Christ.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

There are many kinds of fruit that can be brought forth, If we abide in the Vine His life will flow in and through us. We will produce fruits according to our gifts and callings in the body of Christ.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Thank you for these scriptures. That's exactly what I would expect the fruit of the Spirit to be.

Blessings, Cheri

Jn 15:1-2
(v. 1) "I am the true vine, and My Father is the Gardener.
(v. 2) He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."

The subject of this passage is fruit bearing not salvation.

THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IN THE FAITHFUL BELIEVER'S LIFE
C.I. Scofield states, (The New Scofield Study Bible, NIV, New York, Oxford Univ. Press., 1967, p. 1233, footnote #3):
[SIZE=+2]"Christian character is not mere moral or legal correctness, but the possession and manifestation of the graces of vv. 22-23. Taken together they present a moral portrait of Christ, and may be understood as the apostle's explanation of 2:20, 'I no longer... but Christ,' and as a definition of 'fruit' in Jn 15:1-8. This character is possible because of the believer's vital union with Christ (Jn 15:5; 1 Cor 12:12-13), and is wholly the fruit of the Spirit. 'Fruit' (singular), in contrast with 'acts' (plural, v. 19), suggests that the Christian's life in the Spirit is unified in purpose and direction in contrast with the life in the flesh, with its inner conflicts and frustrations.[/SIZE]

Back