Matthew 1:6 David and Bathsheba

Greetings . I want to introduce you to a new understanding of this scripture.

The Bible will explain itself. Read scriptues, which are arranged in a logical sequence and you can come to a true understanding .

and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias…
(Matthew 1:6)

...And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.
(2 Samuel 12:15)

2. A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
(Deuteronomy 23:2)

17. Which are a shadow of things to come; (Colossians 2:17)

2. Son of man, cause Jerusalem to know her abominations,
3. And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.
(Ezekiel 16:2,3)

4. And I will not have mercy upon her children; for they be the children of whoredoms.
(Hosea 2:4)

60. Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.
(Ezekiel 16:60)

19. And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
(Hosea 2:19)

24. And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved him.
(2 Samuel 12:24)

24. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
(Galatians 4:24)

26. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
(Galatians 4:26)

17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
(Colossians 2:17)

42. ...and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
(Matthew 12:42)

Welcome to CFS!

Please read the forum rules here to familiarize yourself with them.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Back