Maturation

I have also been told that my salvation is based upon works, not grace, which is absolutely NOT true!

What are you saying.. Salvation is based upon works.. Only works..
Work of Jesus Christ! :D

Ohh, now I am trolling!!

Also, wondering why there was a law to not mix meat and milk.. Got reminded of this while we are talking about milk and meat :) I know there is a prohibition.. But anyone knows why?

Really? I don't know who would say of that.. I have learned a lot from you..

What do you mean by choose to follow Torah? I have seen you quoting NT verses.. At least that's what I remember..

The difference between milk and meat is commonly interpreted as the level of teaching.. I always look at this example.. We see Paul at some places writing do not indulge in sexual immorality.. And he will go on quoting what exactly they are.. That is milk.. That is, teaching black and white.. The same thing is also written as offer yourselves as a sacrifice to God.. This is meat.. It covers the nutrition provided by milk.. But takes the understanding to a different level.. I hope I am conveying my thoughts clearly..

What I sarcastically mentioned as digestion problems is heresy and false doctrines.. If we are not prepared, then the meat could be misinterpreted and end up in heresies and false doctrines..
Then we are fairly well in agreement.

Regarding your question about my following Torah, I simply do what Torah says as much as can be done without the Temple. That's it. I believe all of the Bible and believe it all should be obeyed as much as possible -- that's all.

I found your digestion statements to be interesting and relevant....

Also, wondering why there was a law to not mix meat and milk.. Got reminded of this while we are talking about milk and meat :) I know there is a prohibition.. But anyone knows why?

The vast majority of the Mosaic dietary laws were to keep the ignorant masses of the time from exposing themselves to food poisoning or parasites.

Then we are fairly well in agreement.

Regarding your question about my following Torah, I simply do what Torah says as much as can be done without the Temple. That's it. I believe all of the Bible and believe it all should be obeyed as much as possible -- that's all.

I found your digestion statements to be interesting and relevant....
Were you called as legalist?

So is it really bad to eat diary stuff after eating meat?
I think you mean "dairy". No, but mixing milk with meat or sugars creates a broth that bacteria thrive on, and thus cannot be left around for long. Think of custard, if not eaten promptly, it becomes a guaranteed source of botulism.

There is no such biblical mandate, but some believe this simply because of the Torah instruction not to cook a kid in its mother's milk.

In tradition, "fences" are built around Torah's teachings, in order to keep people from falling into sin. Some fences make sense but are not biblical mandates, and other fences are overbearing, too much, going too far. Many of these fences are written in the writings about Torah, but they are not Torah. I take Torah seriously, but the fences, in my opinion, are up to me to choose.

A fence -- the one you bring up here -- is not to mix meat with milk. That fences goes way too far. The Bible is simply and straight forward -- don't cook a kid in its mother's milk. That was a pagan practice. When we start declaring lasagne unlawful, because it mixes milk and cheeses, that's taking it to far. When we start having two different sets of dishes -- one for milk and one for meat -- that's going too far. And some people even have two kitchens -- one for milk and one for meat. That is WAY too big a fence.

One person was not sure I was for real, so they asked to see my Facebook account. Funny -- I completely trusted this person, so I let them see it. :) They were nice about it, accepting that I'm me. They did nothing wrong, but I won't do that again.

Back