Mature Love

Mature Love

Partakers Of Divine Nature.

I feel such urge to share this message with you on the maturing in love since I received so much from the heart of God concerning His desire to transform us into His image. His desire for us is that we would embrace His love until we are made perfect just as he is perfect. Until we are stripped from our selfishness and made mature in His love.

"by which have been give to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:4)

We have been given great promises and by them we may be partakers of divine nature. God’s desire is that we may grow up into his divine nature and manifest his Love to a lost and dying world.

God’s Definition of A Mature Person.

It’s important for us to understand that when we are born the second time which is also called; being born again or born by God (John 3:3-7). We are not automatically fully grown into a mature state right away. Whether we are 20, 40 or 60 years of age when we enter the kingdom of God we are called babes in Christ and are not able to eat solid food yet. You see maturity in God’s eyes has nothing to do with your age, education, independence, financial status or experience etc.

God’s definition of a mature person is that one who is manifesting His nature. God is Love, he doesn’t have love He is love. The letter of John says " God is love…as He is so are we in this world" (1 John 4:16-17)

From Child Of God To Son Of God.
Now let us take look at Mathew 5:44-48. Jesus says here that we should love our enemies and pray for those that spitefully uses us and so on. And then he says something that is very important for us to be able to understand verse 48 later. He says "THAT YOU MAY BE SONS OF YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN". Jesus is giving us the answer to who is mature and who is not. He is saying that if we love like our Father loves we are the sons of God.

Now look at verse 48 in the same chapter "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect" This word perfect means to be of full age or reached maturity. And that leads us to the conclusion that being mature in God’s eyes is being fully mature in God’s own nature which is Love.

I’m The true vine You are the branches.

This whole parable in John chapter 15 is such a great and wonderful revelation on what God has in mind for us to become. Our whole destiny is to grow into Christ’s nature as branches in him and then letting His love take possession of us until the point when we are manifesting the wonderful fruit of love, the very nature of God. Jesus is saying in John 15:8 "By this my father in heaven is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be my disciples."

What He is saying is that when we bear the fruit of love as a result of abiding in Christ. We are truly manifesting Him to others and that is to be true disciple of Christ.

(Written by Jonatan Svensson)

Not one Comment

Not one Comment that that’s surprising.

Jesus said that in the last days that lawlessness will abound and that the Love of many will grow cold.

abide in Love, Jonatan Svensson

Back