May we think of freedom ...

“May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.” Peter Marshall, Minister

The liberty and freedom found in obedience is a misnomer to many people and is a concept foreign even unto many who claim the name of Jesus. In Christ I am free, but it is not the freedom to do as I please, it is the freedom and opportunity to do what pleases him. A righteous life, a life of obedience unto the Lord is a life of freedom, and this is well known to all who understand the liberty and freedom that is found in obedience. Obedience unto the Lord does not make men captive, it sets men free. We were created unto good works, and in good works that are pleasing unto the Lord we find the true meaning of freedom.

I believe freedom, is doing what is right in the natural sense, and the word of God teaches us to do what is right. It also teaches freedom and Jesus says what it means to be free in the gospels. Sin is not free and true freedom does not contain sin.

Back