Me.

My name is Elizabeth, I'm 15 and my father passed away last year due to cancer. I feel as though I have drifted away from God. I've gone to church for as long as I can remember, but I feel like I'm loosing my faith. I know there is a god. My heart tells me so, but my mind, tells me that its just like a fairytale. I don't like it. I know he's there, and it brings me to tears every time I think about not believing. I go to church and I sing the songs and I listen to the scriptures. I just don't know what's wrong with me.

My name is Elizabeth, I'm 15 and my father passed away last year due to cancer. I feel as though I have drifted away from God. I've gone to church for as long as I can remember, but I feel like I'm loosing my faith. I know there is a god. My heart tells me so, but my mind, tells me that its just like a fairytale. I don't like it. I know he's there, and it brings me to tears every time I think about not believing. I go to church and I sing the songs and I listen to the scriptures. I just don't know what's wrong with me.

I am truly sorry for your loss! I also lost my dad last year...but to a motorcycle accident, so my heart goes out to you. Sounds like the devil is trying to get you to let go of your faith. You have to choose to believe the Word over feelings..because faith is not a feeling it is a force. And has no basis in feelings. If you need to talk about anything i am just a pm away and will help you in any way that i can.

Keep your chin up and don't allow the devil to steal your faith.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance! Welcome and Blessings :)

Elizabeth, I am glad you are here with us. You've been through a horrendous time and have suffered a great loss, and this is the exact time in your life where you are spiritually (and in other ways, also) vulnerable, and the enemy of God knows this and will be trying very hard for you to entertain doubt in your faith. Jesus is no fairy tale. He is alive and He loves you so very deeply. God has a wonderful plan for your life! He has many promises He has made to you that He wants to fulfill.

All I can say is not to give up, and sidestep entertaining doubt, but seek the Lord Jesus Christ and read the bible regularly---even if it's for 5 minutes a day...just be in touch with the heart of God and He will draw near to you.

James 4:8a
Come close to God, and God will come close to you.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Hang in there with Jesus! He rewards those of us who continually seek to follow Him---with Himself!

Hebrews 11:6
And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

Elizabeth, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. You have found a good place for fellowship, and I would like to welcome you here. You will find many wonderful Christians here who will help in any way they can. I will include you in my prayers.

Back