MEAT LOAF

Prep Time:30-min Effort:Average
Ingredients:
1-loaf pan 1-lb ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
1-med onion (chopped finely)
12-mushrooms (or around that; chopped finely, like onion/NOT sliced))
3-5 cloves of garlic (or less, if you're a wimp! crushed/chopped finely )
2-3 TBS chopped parlsey1-egg
1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
1-cup bread crumbs (or substitute; I use Keto Crumbs but you could
also just use less broth and more mushrooms/onion)
1/2-cup olive oil (you can use more if you'd like)
1-tsp salt (or 1-TBS soy sauce)
1/2-tsp black pepper
How to Prepare:
I make a wonderful meatloaf that can pass for a meatball-flavored meal. You can slice it up and serve it with brown gravy and vegetables or top with melted mozzarella and marinara sauce or break it up into pieces and make into a beef stroganoff or however else you feel like being creative...It's a great thing to have around for lunches or dinners. You can even freeze slices and have whenever you feel like it. BTW-I think this is the best meatloaf I've ever had,not like the traditional at all.
First, pre-heat oven for 375-degrees. Next, saute all the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and parsley in a pan with the olive oil. Don't let it burn (garlic tastes yucky when burnt). When the onions are soft,
remove from heat to let cool down. In a large bowl, add meat, egg, bread crumbs (or substitute), chicken broth (or water), salt (or soy sauce), and pepper. When the sauteed mixture has cooled enough, add it to the bowl and mix all ingredients (with very clean hands or proper mixer) until everything is well-combined. Now, put mixture into loaf pan (NO need to oil/grease pan as there is plenty of fat already in the mixture from the olive oil). Put into the oven and
bake for 45-minutes. Voila! Now, you have a delicious, low-carb meatloaf (that tastes sort of like a meatball) that you can serve up all sorts of ways. Slice loaf into ten slices. There are about 3-gm
of carbs per each slice (or 30-gm carbs/loaf). Enjoy!
Courtesy Dr Atkins :)

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII like it!!!!!!!!!!! But ya forgot the chili's. just for a small kiker. O ya the chili's help burn off the fat because it raises your metabolism hehehehehe :cool::D

Chili out.

This recipe sounds delicious. I really love meat load and am always willing to try a new recipe for it. I have never put mushrooms in any of my meatloaf so that will be an interesting addition. Thanks.

Gotta have shrooms in the meatloaf. it gives a added happy face heheeh or tongue WOOOOOHOOOO!!! yesssssssssss

Back