Mentally Ill Suffering From Mesiah Delusion ....

Will God's grace cover them?

I believe so, for one they didn't choose their illness and are helpless to it and I think God takes that into consideration.

I ask this Q bc I was poking around another Christian forum site, it has alot of side forums and one on mental health..and I poked around the schizophrenia tailored forum...
And its sad some are saved but deal with what I addressed above and more.

And I wondered, God knows those who are his ...so would His grace cover them when they undergo a messiah delusion/ hallucination..or other outlandish things.

I believe so, but I guess mental illness is somewhat close to my heart bc my uncle was bipolar..and I have a cousin who's schizophrenic ... and I wonder why God woild allow mental illness to rob them of a life He intended for good .

Anywho...what are your thoughts.

I hope this Q doesn't disturb or put anyone off ^^ Idk I like to tackle and address some of the harder questions abt life , so I hope that doesn't bother anyone : -)

I hope this Q doesn't disturb or put anyone off ^^ Idk I like to tackle and address some of the harder questions abt life , so I hope that doesn't bother anyone : -)

I am one who believes that that the mentally ill and children are under the blood of the Lord Jesus.

The Bible says that to be saved, we must accept the Lord Jesus Christ. That action requires that one be in their "right" mind and able to make a decision. I like you have seen and in fact right now are taking care of a mentally ill family member and anyone who has done that knows that these individuals are unable to make choices much less a right choice!

I am one who believes that that the mentally ill and children are under the blood of the Lord Jesus.

The Bible says that to be saved, we must accept the Lord Jesus Christ. That action requires that one be in their "right" mind and able to make a decision. I like you have seen and in fact right now are taking care of a mentally ill family member and anyone who has done that knows that these individuals are unable to make choices much less a right choice!
I agree. I can't put my finger on the Scripture, but God is God and will do as He pleases. And I believe it pleases Him to take those who are unable to decide for themselves under His wing.

Many, if not most forms of mental illness are not clinical illness at all but are torments from evil spirits. These need to be dealt with so that the person can become whole in Christ.

So, if they were once in their right mind and unsaved, they will remain unsaved in their delusion. That's the sad part about it, should no one minister the truth of Jesus Christ to them, so that they will have the desire for Him and what comes from faith---hope and healing.

Thanks every1 and major.. but,to major, my uncle passed away and my cousin is in a group home... so I don't rlly take carre of them...its just something Ive thought about. In fact severe mental ills scare me lol

Thanks every1 and major.. but,to major, my uncle passed away and my cousin is in a group home... so I don't rlly take carre of them...its just something Ive thought about. In fact severe mental ills scare me lol

It is my mother who lives with us and she is severely bi-polar and clinically depressed. She has now developed dementia and we do not know what is worse, her illness or the side effects from the meds used to help her.

Problem is that if we place her in a nursing home, she will not survive at all so it would be a death warrant.

Aw man Im sorry major abt your mom, like how do you cope? And if you dont mind..how was it like growing up with her?

With my uncle, I never suspected He was bipolar... i guess his wasn't as severe

Aw man Im sorry major abt your mom, like how do you cope? And if you dont mind..how was it like growing up with her?

With my uncle, I never suspected He was bipolar... i guess his wasn't as severe
i am acquainted with a couple of people, whom i think are bipolar. could you tell me what you know about behavior patterns in people with this disorder?

Will God's grace cover them?

I believe so, for one they didn't choose their illness and are helpless to it and I think God takes that into consideration.

I ask this Q bc I was poking around another Christian forum site, it has alot of side forums and one on mental health..and I poked around the schizophrenia tailored forum...
And its sad some are saved but deal with what I addressed above and more.

And I wondered, God knows those who are his ...so would His grace cover them when they undergo a messiah delusion/ hallucination..or other outlandish things.

I believe so, but I guess mental illness is somewhat close to my heart bc my uncle was bipolar..and I have a cousin who's schizophrenic ... and I wonder why God woild allow mental illness to rob them of a life He intended for good .

Anywho...what are your thoughts.
God can't explain all His plans in the bible. One thing the bible does get across as clear as daylight are these facts.

1. God is NOT dumb = if we can figure out that a baby, kid and handicapped person is incapable of taking responsibility for their actions, how much more God?...duh?

2. God is impartial = If God put the devil with Adam and Eve, He will do likewise with all of humans. Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. Why does God put the devil back on an Earth that Jesus has been ruling with us for 1000 years?

3. God is just = Rejection of Jesus = rejection of Jesus. You cannot reject who / what you don't know / grasp / understand. Babies, kids and mentally ill are 100% exempt indeed!

All we need to do is apply definitions of God backed by plenty scripture to every 'unknown' circumstance.

I agree. I can't put my finger on the Scripture, but God is God and will do as He pleases. And I believe it pleases Him to take those who are unable to decide for themselves under His wing.

"blind" means "without understanding"
(this applies to the handicapped and anyone who has not heard the Gospel)

"to see" means "to understand"

here is your scripture ..
Jhn 9:41 Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, ‘We see,' your sin remains.

Last edited:
Back