Message Window and Chat Room?

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dear Christian Forum Site;

I'm curious. Did Christian Forum Site ever have a chat room? In my experience they were great for having live message fellowship but live chat also had problems with "secret messaging" between two members, or others being in discord instead of being in one body of fellowship.

Also, what would the staff feel about an "open window" on the home page where member's CFS name is displayed while typing a greeting when they log on, or say goodnight when they log off? Just a suggestion.

God bless you and thank you!

Dear Christian Forum Site;

I'm curious. Did Christian Forum Site ever have a chat room? In my experience they were great for having live message fellowship but live chat also had problems with "secret messaging" between two members, or others being in discord instead of being in one body of fellowship.

Also, what would the staff feel about an "open window" on the home page where member's CFS name is displayed while typing a greeting when they log on, or say goodnight when they log off? Just a suggestion.

God bless you and thank you!

Greetings Bob,
No Sir there is no chat or chat window nor is cfs in the market to open one.
It's been tried in the past and is more trouble then it's worth.
Thank you for your thought
Blessings
FCJ

Sites that I have been on with such features started to run into a lot of problems. Specifically, there was an opportunity for abuse to take place and for the abuser to be long gone before corrections could be made. I have also found that chat rooms can get ugly very quickly, even if that was not the original intent of the OP - things can have a way of deteriorating like that on chat sites. I do not know if these were the reasons why CFS does not want to host these features on its site, but I am simply citing my experience with chat rooms in general. I too like the concept of live chat, but I've seen it turn into something nasty very fast, which is something I believe that CFS wants to avoid for its members.

Regarding the questions concerning Chat areas: The Administrators and Moderator Team Members at CFS have chosen not to become involved in any dedicated chat configurations, windows or areas. Features such as these, as observed in other forums, require a constant 24/7 staffing presence due to the manner in which tensions and arguing can start in Chat Rooms. CFS prides itself in being a friendly place for Christians to gather to Praise God, to share testimony and to fellowship with other Christians. We do not allow any behavior that takes away from the friendly concept under which CFS was established back in 2006. Chat area discussions can easily become heated with the demeaning of others, due to belief system differences and personality conflicts. That type of behavior is not allowed at CFS.

Back