messages that predict the future

smellycat

Account Closed
messages that predict the future

do you think God knows the future,as in makes the future or can get to the future and see.?

He has always known the future.
He knew us before we were born. He knows the exact number of hairs on our head!

Man, my number must be in the billions!

Not only does God know the future, but He's there right now. He's also in the past and in the present at the same time. God is infinite, meaning He's outside the boundaries of time. To us humans, time is very useful, but to God, it is meaningless. He is in every location at every time...all the time.

He can see, in His infinite wisdom, EXACTLY how our lives will play out, and how events today will bring about His glory in the future. It gives me great encouragement when I see terrible things happen and ask, "Why did God allow that?" to know He can see the end result as clearly as we can see our hands.

I've got a headache.....:p

Time is also a creation of Gods.
It can be difficult for some to get a grasp on that, but time and matter are connected.

If something "is" (matter) then it must have had a beginning and will have an end. Therefore "Time" becomes necessary.

God is beyond the physical universe, God is beyond time.

If god knows the future he must be outside of time. I think he mostly looks back into time to our day. He's waiting and working toward the end of time here on earth. The Eschaton - if you will.

Time is a function of matter - so if you don't have physical matter - you don't have time. There is no such thing as time in the spiritual realm because there is no change in this realm. Physical time exists only because matter is constantly changing. For example - we grow older because of the change of matter in our bodies.

Stephen Hawking says the the only place where matter exists without time is in a black hole. Matter is so super dense and stable there that it is unchanging and therefore time does not exist.

In heaven there is no day or night - why would anyone keep track of time because there is no reason to.

Romans 8:38-39 --- NIV

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ecclesiastes 7:14
When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future.

Ecclesiastes 8:7
Since no man knows the future, who can tell him what is to come?

If god knows the future he must be outside of time. I think he mostly looks back into time to our day. He's waiting and working toward the end of time here on earth. The Eschaton - if you will.

Time is a function of matter - so if you don't have physical matter - you don't have time. There is no such thing as time in the spiritual realm because there is no change in this realm. Physical time exists only because matter is constantly changing. For example - we grow older because of the change of matter in our bodies.

Stephen Hawking says the the only place where matter exists without time is in a black hole. Matter is so super dense and stable there that it is unchanging and therefore time does not exist.

In heaven there is no day or night - why would anyone keep track of time because there is no reason to.

Very Good,

Thanks, Gordon

Amen Violet.

yoooooo.gif

I've always believed that God is outside time. Also, I think that is where we are judged in the endtime, instead of some men waiting and others going quicker because they lived thousands of years apart. From our perspective, IMO, we all die and go to judgement immediately. But our immediately isn't God's immediately. It's on God's time.

However, beyond that, it is not necessary to "know" the future to make predictions about what you yourself will do. He "WILL" (past tense now of course) send a Messiah. Easy to say 2000 years early because He made it happen. That's like saying I will go to the grocery store Friday. I'm not predicting the future, I'm stating what I myself will do.

so what it is like ,is God watches all our lives simultaneous.or study us 1 at a time.also how does evil tempt us?evil isn,t like God with time ,how does it work?

God is so great and awesome beyond our comprehension.
Yes, he watches us each individually like a mother or father does over their children.
Or a Shepherd over every single sheep in the flock~

~And temptation and evil exist in our time and space.

so were like stuck with evil until we leave this time and space,then we can join God in his surroundings.which is neverending.so what do we become,do we have bodies or spirit?it says we are not to be married,so do we become singular in the spirit but diffrent from each other?

Scripturally speaking we will be like Christ, having immortal bodies but still " be known even as we are known"- so I will be able to pick you out in a crowd and give you a hug SC!

By the way I read the end of the book- we win!:D

God is not bound by time, age, gravity, oxygen lol he is eternal, everlasting to everlasting. His Spirit knows us very well, it's been to where we are headed and will lead us to how to get there.

alpha and omega

...the beginning and the end. God declares things from the end even at the beginning. Consider the numerous prophecies throughout the old testament, if God were not aware of events yet to come then there could be no prophecies.

There are over 300 prophecies relating specifically to Jesus Christ in the old testament and they were all fulfilled perfectly, some of which were written some 1300 years before the birth of Christ.

God is infinite, thus time is a part of God, not the other way around. The will of God causes things to happen, he is perfect because he is always right, always just and always loving. There is no start or end to infinity and it exists always and forever. At each point it is the same, now and in the future the same, thus in effect the entire history of the world could be like a blink of the eye to God, but at each second of our existence the fullness of God is everywhere. God experiences every second like an eternity and the whole of eternity like a second.

Back