Methodists Voting

Granddaughter told me her Mehodist church voted 93% to split from the "mainstream" church. She said people try to make it just about gay marriage but its deeper than that. Now you can believe what you want and go to heaven without being saved. She was upset and is glad to split away.

Hello Hopeful;

I don't know what or why this church would vote to split from the body. But I feel your granddaughter could see there were more flags that hurt the body and did the right thing to move on.

I pray the Lord leads her to the church where she can worship, grow and serve.

How come she doesn't attend the church you serve,
Hopeful?

God bless you, your granddaughter and family.

She doesnt live near. The reason for the split is do to the reasons I stated. Its happening all across the country and maybe the world. Two methodist churches now.

Hello Hopeful;

What I find sad is many of these members in churches that compromise the Word of God are innocent and have no idea what's going on.

The church I pastored for over 10 years strived to do what's right in the Lord's sight but we're still a broken people who need the Lord. What matters is I was conscious of our church family remaining obedient to God instead of the ways of the world.

It is sad to see, but there will be more and more of this, I fear. There is too much infiltration of the "woke" crowd into the national control of some denominations. Could be the beginnings of the false religion of the last days.

I have to confess, some churches moving this way no longer surprises me. It appears that some churches have altered their policies to accept lifestyles that someway are in conflict with the teachings of the Bible. The best route we can take is, to read our Bibles, study the teachings, and move the way God wants us to.

I went to 7 different denominations over a period of years before I settled.
It is sad to see, but there will be more and more of this, I fear. There is too much infiltration of the "woke" crowd into the national control of some denominations. Could be the beginnings of the false religion of the last days.
I have to confess, some churches moving this way no longer surprises me. It appears that some churches have altered their policies to accept lifestyles that someway are in conflict with the teachings of the Bible. The best route we can take is, to read our Bibles, study the teachings, and move the way God wants us to.

Hello brothers Rictch, Big Moose and ClearPath;

Thank you for sharing and I have no doubt based on your hard knock experiences. Using the expression, "just close your eyes, point and go" should not be the way to find a church.

We should pray, what church is God calling us to serve Him? Are we asking for discernment? Back in the New Testament many new believers were led to churches that promoted false teaching.

As
Big Moose said, there is too much infiltration of "trends" in some denominations. We are definitely seeing this in the last days. Not all churches lead astray but we must still use caution in these times.

I feel many Christians pray for the church they will worship but may have to search as
Rictch did until God leads them where they will serve Him. Throughout the Old and New Testaments His faithful servants searched with patience and endurance as God did the rest and delivered them.

Many believers become anxious looking for the right church and
we don't have to overwhelm ourselves with this task.
Clearpath gives wise encouragement for us all. "Read our Bibles, study the teachings and move the way God wants us to."

For years my wife and I read the Bible, study the teachings but, we left the last one out. Sigh!

Matthew 11:28-30, 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

I'm enjoying this topic and its a serious one. There is nothing wrong with being cautious where we attend church. God would expect that because not all His churches are anointed. I'm sorry to say.

God bless everyone and your families.

I prayed and asked God to lead me to the church he wanted me to go to. The next day I did a google search and only 1 church came up, I tried again and got the same results, I convinced myself there was something wrong with the internet. The next day I tried again and got the exact same result. I thought maybe it was God telling where he wants me, so I went and felt like I belonged there. I have been going there ever since. Sometimes God makes it easy.

Hello brothers Rictch, Big Moose and ClearPath;

Thank you for sharing and I have no doubt based on your hard knock experiences. Using the expression, "just close your eyes, point and go" should not be the way to find a church.

We should pray, what church is God calling us to serve Him? Are we asking for discernment? Back in the New Testament many new believers were led to churches that promoted false teaching.

As
Big Moose said, there is too much infiltration of "trends" in some denominations. We are definitely seeing this in the last days. Not all churches lead astray but we must still use caution in these times.

I feel many Christians pray for the church they will worship but may have to search as
Rictch did until God leads them where they will serve Him. Throughout the Old and New Testaments His faithful servants searched with patience and endurance as God did the rest and delivered them.

Many believers become anxious looking for the right church and
we don't have to overwhelm ourselves with this task.
Clearpath gives wise encouragement for us all. "Read our Bibles, study the teachings and move the way God wants us to."

For years my wife and I read the Bible, study the teachings but, we left the last one out. Sigh!

Matthew 11:28-30, 28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

I'm enjoying this topic and its a serious one. There is nothing wrong with being cautious where we attend church. God would expect that because not all His churches are anointed. I'm sorry to say.

God bless everyone and your families.
Yes, his sheep are in all the churches, in Revelation there is a final call to all His people in certain denominations, saying come out of her my people. The final call will be in a time of the out poring of the Holy Spirit & there will be no mistakes their eyes will be open. We are all in this together regardless of denomination.

Granddaughter told me her Mehodist church voted 93% to split from the "mainstream" church. She said people try to make it just about gay marriage but its deeper than that. Now you can believe what you want and go to heaven without being saved. She was upset and is glad to split away.
i was raised in the UMC it was always some what programmed . but not the liberal org it is today. i went back to the Methodist church i grew up in. had the pivalate preaching for about a month there. i preached the word at the time they had no pastor. the problem is in the u.m.c conference they have strayed away from Bible doctrine. they are far from the Church the wesley brothers found

i was raised in the UMC it was always some what programmed . but not the liberal org it is today. i went back to the Methodist church i grew up in. had the pivalate preaching for about a month there. i preached the word at the time they had no pastor. the problem is in the u.m.c conference they have strayed away from Bible doctrine. they are far from the Church the wesley brothers found
Thats exactly what the granddaughter said. Very far from Wesley.

there is wesley methodst seems be on tract .the conference i have no use for

Marriage and Sexuality​

We believe marriage and sexual intimacy are good gifts from God. In keeping with Christian teaching through the ages and throughout the Church universal, we believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union. We believe that God intends faithfulness in marriage and celibacy in singleness.

I don't blame her.
It's 2 Timothy 4 coming to pass.

New news arriving ever so often about another denominations board of elders or what have you voting to recognize sexually active sinners,perform weddings for what God calls abomination,and even allowing those to enter leadership in the church.

A vote for Apostasy.
Half a century ago at least such a thing would have never crossed the mind of any Christian. Sad.

I prayed and asked God to lead me to the church he wanted me to go to. The next day I did a google search and only 1 church came up, I tried again and got the same results, I convinced myself there was something wrong with the internet. The next day I tried again and got the exact same result. I thought maybe it was God telling where he wants me, so I went and felt like I belonged there. I have been going there ever since. Sometimes God makes it easy.
You Googled repeatedly and only one church appeared in results? Yes, I'd say God intended to get your attention given that's virtually impossible otherwise.

What were the keywords you used?If you remember.

You Googled repeatedly and only one church appeared in results? Yes, I'd say God intended to get your attention given that's virtually impossible otherwise.

What were the keywords you used?If you remember.
I typed Baptist churches in Ogden, Utah. Only the 1 came up, I knew of at least 3 in my area and the 1 that came up I did not know about. I was mind boggled to say the least.

The sheep and goats are being separated. It's a sign of the times (the last days). The wheat is being harvested, and the tares are being discarded.

Back