Micah 1:14-16

Micah 1:14-16

KJV 14 Therefore shalt thou give presents to Moreshethgath: the houses of Achzib shall be a lie to the kings of Israel. 15 Yet will I bring an heir unto thee, O inhabitant of Mareshah: he shall come unto Adullam the glory of Israel. 16 Make thee bald, and poll thee for thy delicate children; enlarge thy baldness as the eagle; for they are gone into captivity from thee.

JuliaSmith 14 For this thou shalt give a sending forth upon the possession of Gath: the houses of falsehood are for falsehood to the kings of Israel. 15 Yet I will bring to thee him possessing, O inhabitress at the head: he shall come even to Adullam, the glory of Israel. 16 Make bald, and shave for the sons of thy delights; increase thy baldness as the eagle; for they were carried away captive from thee

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 They are being warned that these gifts that will be given aren’t true but under deceit and not under friendship but the start of their downfall. Parting gifts can be a good thing but true friends would miss their friend and only take the parting gift as a reminder of them.

15 God was going to bring people in to take them. When we don’t follow the Lord something else will be brought to posses us. We don’t need to let God’s glory pass us but we need to shine His glory to the world.

16 Shaven heads were a sign of shame. They needed to be shamed for their sins. Sin is to b shameful and not embraced. They were being proud in their sins, are we?

Back