Micah 2:3-4

Micah 2:3-4

KJV 3 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time is evil. 4 In that day shall one take up a parable against you, and lament with a doleful lamentation, and say, We be utterly spoiled: he hath changed the portion of my people: how hath he removed it from me! turning away he hath divided our fields.

JuliaSmith 3 For this, thus said Jehovah: Behold me purposing evil against this family, which ye shall not remove your necks from thence; and ye shall not go loftily: for it is an evil time. 4 In that day a parable shall be lifted up against you, and a wailing of a wailing was wailed, saying, Being laid waste, we shall be laid waste: he will exchange a portion of my people: how he will remove to me; for turning away, he will divide our fields.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 God was going to send judgment to His people for them living for sin and turning away from Him and rejecting Him as their Lord. They were prideful living in their sins and had no desire to turn back to the Lord and they soon would answer for this. People today can turn to the Lord or judgment in eternity awaits them.

4 They would be mourned for but this doesn’t mean that they were repented or regretful of their sins. People may mourn sin or the results of sin but unless this causes repentance then it is useless.

Back