Micah 2:5-7

Micah 2:5-7

KJV 5 Therefore thou shalt have none that shall cast a cord by lot in the congregation of the LORD. 6 Prophesy ye not, say they to them that prophesy: they shall not prophesy to them, that they shall not take shame. 7 O thou that art named the house of Jacob, is the spirit of the LORD straitened? are these his doings? do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?

JuliaSmith 5 For this there shall not be to thee any casting a cord by lot in the convocation of Jehovah. 6 Ye shall not let fall in drops; they shall let fall in drops; they shall not let fall in drops for these; shame shall not be removed. 7 Causing the house of Jacob to say, Was the spirit of Jehovah shortened? if these his doings? shall not my words do good to a people going straight?.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 This may mean that they are going to lose the land the Lord had divided among them.

6 They didn’t want to hear the truth and denied it. Those who reject the gospel react in this same manner. Them rejecting it doesn’t change what will happen.

7 God’s Spirit was angry because of their rebellion against Him. We need to walk after Him and not after sin.

Back