Mighty Cherubim

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416663622.466949.jpg
After sending them out, the LORD God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden. And he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life. (‭Genesis‬ ‭3‬:‭24‬ NLT)
My daughter enjoys using the Bible app for kids. She asked me, "Can that angel go back home?" I thought about it and answered that he will go home when Jesus returns. She was ok with that and returned to watching the videos. That got me wondering, how long will the mighty cherubim be there?

View attachment 1298
After sending them out, the LORD God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden. And he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life. (‭Genesis‬ ‭3‬:‭24‬ NLT)
My daughter enjoys using the Bible app for kids. She asked me, "Can that angel go back home?" I thought about it and answered that he will go home when Jesus returns. She was ok with that and returned to watching the videos. That got me wondering, how long will the mighty cherubim be there?

Of all my years I have never heard that asked before. It kind of confirms the saying......."Out of the mouth of babes.....".

Some have claimed to have found where Eden is:

No cherubim. So - it is my feeling that cherubim still guard it. :)

Let's say the angel is still guarding Eden preventing anyone from entering, this would not mean that the angel will never be in heaven. Earth is temporary. This would mean that this is this particular cherubim's mission as all angels work in service.

Of all my years I have never heard that asked before. It kind of confirms the saying......."Out of the mouth of babes.....".
Well, the little ones teach us lot of theology :D

I used to think I know a lot.. We were watching a Christian movie.. During that, my 3 year old asked "Daddy, what is grace?" Now who can sit explain what is grace to a 3 year old girl? If we grown ups have understood that, we would have so less denominations :) One of those moments when we silently pray 'Lord, give me wisdom!' I tried explaining in simpler terms.. And I started to learn what grace is..

View attachment 1298
I wonder if the garden was destroyed in the flood..

I used to think I knew some thing about angels until recently..... my scripture has its way..... The enemy was also a cherub.

peter

Back