Mirror, Mirror--beautiful Reflections

I wanted to post a couple of Bible verses and give my interpretation and ask you for your interpretations. Thanks.

1 Corinthians 13:12--For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. KJV
1 Corinthians 13:12--Now we see things imperfectly like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me completely--New Living T.

To me this verse means that once we fully realize that God is all and in all, when we look into the mirror we will not only see Him staring back, but begin to REALLY see ourselves. We will start to see our own flaws and faults and begin to align ourselves with His will. We will start to see that He Himself came and lived a PERFECT EXAMPLE for us and we will want to become that perfect REFLECTION of Him.

2 Corinthians 3:18--But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord (US), are changed into the SAME IMAGE from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord.

Yeshua Bless You

Sheila I am curious-are you into Scientology, Buddhism, Mormonism, or any other said 'religion' type?

Actually no, I know nothing of those things. Until four year ago I had been a backslider for over 20 years. I was never raised in a church. I started church when my children were young and we attended for a few years. Christian church. I've visited very few churches. What I get from the Bible is what I read and study. My approach was to SEEK Him first and pull out everything in the Bible that described God. Then I went on from there.
So far I've been called Jew, mormon, oneness, Apostolic and anti-christ. Anti-Christ was for declaring Jesus as the one true and sovereign God. A couple of guys tried to tell me that He had a Father above Him controlling Him, a God above God. I currently attend a modern Southern Baptist Church that is doing great things for the community. I've read nothing about mormons, very little about some of the other things. I had never even heard of oneness until I was called that.
I study mainly KJV. I've read some of the Apocrypha, gospel of Thomas, gospel of Judas and a book called a walk with Abraham(excellent) Searched out some Aramaic and have now the Lamsa Bible from the library. I google some when I'm searching for something that I know that I have seen in the Bible.
Yeshua Bless You

I see. I can somewhat comprehend your history: I too was not raised in a "christian" home and learned about and accepted salvation of the Lord at age 30. The first 2 years of my walk I really made a mess of things-then did some major backsliding. This last year and a half I have taken my faith more seriously in the pursuit of truth to train my daughter and hopefully become more of the man God wants me to be. Something I had to do was really humble myself to good counsel of my elders and about the meaning of certain doctrine and scripture. Yes, we need to let the spirit guide us; however, we also need fellowship in the Word with prayer, Bible reading and fellow Bible believers. It sounds to me as you are solid in your faith which is AWESOME, just be careful about teaching doctrines that are of man and will turn away your fellow believers from the truth.

God doesn't like that...

It isn't for after the resurrection. Once we know God we see clearer and clearer and are no longer children of darkness but are children of light. He came to enlighten us with the truth, the more we seek, the more we see Him, know Him and understand. He's not off somewhere far away, He's within and all knowing.
1 Thessalonians 5:5--Ye are all children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6-Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
Ephesians 5:8---For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.
We are to grow, ripen and mature with ever increasing understanding. He came and gave the truth, most of it in parables, the awakening happens from within and is for here and now.
As for never being absorbed into the uncreated--Jesus became a quickening spirit(1 Corinthians 15:45). The devil and His are spirits. God will judge the quick and the dead. Being invisible doesn't make you uncreated, just a different creation in Him.
May I ask what Religion are you?
Yeshua Bless You

Do you believe this saying? Where do you believe heaven to be?
Jesus said: If those who lead you say unto you: Behold, the Kingdom is in heaven, then the birds of the heaven will be before you. If they say unto you: It is in the sea, then the fish will be before you. But the Kingdom is within you, and it is outside of you. When you know yourselves, then shall you be known, and you shall know that you are the sons of the living Father. But if ye do not know yourselves, then you are in poverty, and you are poverty.
Yeshua Bless You

>(Grumbling)<

So Sheila: my assumption is that you believe we are already in 'heaven' and "living in" the body of Christ and this is "eternity" for all intents and purposes. Is this correct?

Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them
all. It is I who am the All. From Me did the All come forth, and
unto Me did the All extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am
there. Lift up the stone, and you will find Me there."

His disciples said to Him, "When will the repose of the dead
come about, and when will the new world come?"
He said to them, "What you look forward to has already come,
but you do not recognize it."

These verses are in the Gospel of Thomas, but the Bible we use states that the kingdom of heaven is within, the kingdom of God is inside us. Luke 17:21
Yeshua Bless You

I see. I can somewhat comprehend your history: I too was not raised in a "christian" home and learned about and accepted salvation of the Lord at age 30. The first 2 years of my walk I really made a mess of things-then did some major backsliding. This last year and a half I have taken my faith more seriously in the pursuit of truth to train my daughter and hopefully become more of the man God wants me to be. Something I had to do was really humble myself to good counsel of my elders and about the meaning of certain doctrine and scripture. Yes, we need to let the spirit guide us; however, we also need fellowship in the Word with prayer, Bible reading and fellow Bible believers. It sounds to me as you are solid in your faith which is AWESOME, just be careful about teaching doctrines that are of man and will turn away your fellow believers from the truth.

God doesn't like that...

What's funny is that I only go where He leads me to go. Have you ever had direct contact with God? Or have you ever had any visions, etc. I ask only Him questions, the answer comes to my mind BEFORE I research it. Sometimes I have never even heard of the thing that comes to my mind. An example happened yesterday. I saw a thread about the Apocalypse and the first thought to my mind was--"It's the valley of decision, search Joel." It's in Joel 3:14. Happens to me all the time now. Started four years ago. And I know some of the things seem radical--to me too.
Yeshua Bless You

Thomas was an Apostle. The Catholic church chose what writings for the Bible. I believed what I wrote BEFORE I found Thomas.
Yeshua Bless You

There is no evidence that the gospel of Thomas was written by Thomas. There is no shortage of "gospels" out there that have questionable history (i.e . gospel of Barnabas). In India there is an ancient enclave of Christians that claim to have been founded by Thomas himself, their doctrine is almost exactly the same as the Eastern Catholics and they use the "Catholic" Bible, though it is written in Malayalam.

I would like to remind folks that when the Bible was compiled, the Catholic church was the ONLY Christian church.

Back