Moabite

I was just taking a look at the book of Ruth and stumbled onto an interesting nugget. Moab was Lot's oldest daughters' son, or Lot's grandson. Moab is where Ruth and Orpah were from. Ruth, of course, married Boaz and Boaz is in the direct lineage of King David and thereby in Jesus' lineage. Interestingly, having said all of this, Lot is in Jesus' lineage as well, correct?

I was just taking a look at the book of Ruth and stumbled onto an interesting nugget. Moab was Lot's oldest daughters' son, or Lot's grandson. Moab is where Ruth and Orpah were from. Ruth, of course, married Boaz and Boaz is in the direct lineage of King David and thereby in Jesus' lineage. Interestingly, having said all of this, Lot is in Jesus' lineage as well, correct?

You are correct.

Lot's daughters decided that the life of hermits was not conducive to finding husbands and decided to take matters into their own hands. They got their father drunk and then had sex with him. From this incestuous relationship came two boys: Moab and Ben-Ammi (Gen. 19:36-38).
Moab became the founder of the Moabite nation. Ben-Ammi founded the Ammonite nation.

I find it interesting also that Moses had a wife from Midian not only was she a Midianite but her father was a priest in Midian.
Exo 2:15-22 Tells the story.

Also Joseph was married to an Egyptian wife the daughter of a priest of On.
Gen 41:45 And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah; and he gave him to wife Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On. And Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt. (KJV)

cp

I find it interesting also that Moses had a wife from Midian not only was she a Midianite but her father was a priest in Midian.

Gen 41:45 And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah; and he gave him to wife Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On. And Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt. (KJV)

cp
It would seem to represent The Holy Spirit was working in the affairs of mankind bringing the gospel seed. . . the spiritual unseen seed (Christ) through all the nations of the word . That born again seed was blended into all the families of the word . The genealogy of the seed ended when Jesus was born.

Israel beginning with Abraham whose father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.

Ezekiel 16:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord God unto Jerusalem; Thy birth and thy nativity is of the land of Canaan; thy father was an Amorite, and thy mother an Hittite.

Ultimately when two or three gather together under the authority of His living abiding word a new family or nation is born .The Christian nation is the nations of nation

cp

All of this does one thing.......confirm that before the foundation of the universe was ever considered by the Trinity......God KNEW!

Ephesians 2:4......
"Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love."

Back