Montana State Trooper

Panda

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Montana State Trooper

In most of the United States there is a policy of checking on any stalled vehicle on teh highway when temperatures drop to single digits or below. About 3 AM one very cold morning, Montana State Trooper Allan Nixon #658 responded to a call there was a car off the shoulder of the road outside Great Falls, Montana. He located the car, stuck in deep snow and with the engine still running. Pulling in behind the care with his emergency lights on, the trooper walked to the driver's door to find an older man passed out behind the wheel with a nearly emptry vodka bottle on the seat beside him. THe driver came awake when the trooper tapped on the window. Seeing the rotating lights in his rearview mirror, and the state trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the gearshift into 'drive' and hit the gas.

The car's speedometer was showing 20-30-40 and then 50 MPH, but it was still stuck i n the snow, wheels spinning. Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next to the speeding (but stationary) car. The driver was totally freaked, thinking the trooper was actually keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the trooper yelled, "PULL OVER!"

The man nodded, nurned his wheel and stopped the engine. Needless to say, the man from North Dakota was arrested and is probably still shaking his head over the state trooper in Montana who could run 50 miles per hour.

Who says troopers don't have a sense of humor?

As a former Law Enforcement officer, that one made my day ! Thanks.:)

That was a great joke man. it made my butt laugh off. hehe.. this is great. im going to share this to my friends. take note. i will imitate the trooper. hehe..

Most likely an urban legend since Montana Highway Patrol badges don't seem to go this high from my research, but still fun.

I CAN tell you several REAL stories though. My grandfather was a Chaplain in the Florida Highway Patrol. While assisting in an arrest one time, a suspect questioned him. "You are a Chaplain? You wouldn't shoot me would you?". He was just joking around, it wasn't an actual threat, so my grandfather responded, "Look son, I can pray with you, I can pray for you, or I can pray over you. It's all up to you".

Back