More advice

More advice

I can't go on with the sleepless nights and the pains from anxiety. I have to know if I commited an unforgivable sin. I have sought forgiveness so much and I truely want to live for Jesus and I want to be with Him in the afterlife. But I feel so lost and that there's nothing I can do because I might have commited an unforgivable sin. I've said and done horrible things against God, and I know what I've done is wrong. But I'm so sorry for them and I want to be with my Savior, Jesus. Even my preacher doesn't help me. It's gotten so bad my grandmother is thinking about having me commited. Someone has to show me the knowledge I need. I'm terrified. I love Jesus and I want to place Him first in my life. I'm just scared that I'm too late.

I just hope I'm not beyond grace

Someone please give me guidance, I'm so scared. I'm terrified about my soul.

The first thing to remember is that God is LOVE - (and Jesus is surely the proof to this). We are forgiven when we repent of our sins and failings. You have been forgiven through Jesus, and the sign that you have His forgiveness will be / is the showing of your LOVE pouring from your heart.

We all fail, including myself (quite often when my guard is down), and stepping out in LOVE is often very hard - but the joy of hugging those we truly love is surely a heaven sent wonderful experience.

I hope this helps and my prayers are with you during this difficult time.

You can always send a pm

Beaux Reflets

I can't go on with the sleepless nights and the pains from anxiety. I have to know if I commited an unforgivable sin. I have sought forgiveness so much and I truely want to live for Jesus and I want to be with Him in the afterlife. But I feel so lost and that there's nothing I can do because I might have commited an unforgivable sin. I've said and done horrible things against God, and I know what I've done is wrong. But I'm so sorry for them and I want to be with my Savior, Jesus. Even my preacher doesn't help me. It's gotten so bad my grandmother is thinking about having me commited. Someone has to show me the knowledge I need. I'm terrified. I love Jesus and I want to place Him first in my life. I'm just scared that I'm too late.

I just hope I'm not beyond grace

Someone please give me guidance, I'm so scared. I'm terrified about my soul.
Let me assure you of a few things

You are NOT too late
You are NOT beyond God's Grace

The fact that you are worried is evidence you have NOT committed an unforgivable sin.

John put it clearly in his First letter
1 John:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
This is a promise from God. He is faithful to His word.

The Christian life is a path. Sometimes we stumble, sometimes we fall hard. But EVERY time God is there to pick us up and set us back on the path He has set before us.

Jeremy - Jesus knew you every sin, mistake and transgression before you ever commited them and He still went to the cross for you- He prayed forgiveness for His torturers and executioners- they mocked as He bleed and died and His thoughts were forgiveness- He will do no less for you- IF YOU BELVIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS- IF YOU ASK HIS FORGIVENESS- IF YOU ASK HIM TO LIVE AND DWELL IN YOUR HEART AND BE YOUR LORD HE WILL FORGIVE YOU. IF YOU HAVE DONE ALL THESE THINGS THEN IT IS TIME TO DO ONE MORE- FORGIVE YOURSELF- we all make mistakes- we all sin- our flesh is at constant war with the Spirit of God but that is why Jesus came because He loves you and wants to be in an intimate realtionship with you- please pray this prayer:
Jesus thanks for dying for my sins, thanks for loving me even thought I was unlovely in even my own sight, come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour- I accept your love and forgiveness and now I choose to forgive myself- I can see now that when I was not walking with you I was walking under the influence of my flesh and the god of this world- it was my old nature to do so-thank you that you have given me a new nature- I forgive myself of all these things and now I receive your healing in my heart and soul- thank You for hearing- thank You for saving- thank You for healing in Jesus Name I pray amen!
Jeremy if you prayed this with a sincere heart you are already on your way to being free- if such thoughts come up again tell them to leave you in Jesus Name- remember the devil is the accuser of the bretren (you and I) but our wonderful Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father making CONSTANT INTERCESSION for us- if the devil accuses Jesus is there saying "no Father that sin has been paid for I covered Jeremy with my blood"- if your mind tries to condem you the scripture declares that "God is greater than our conscience"- I reccomend spending time in the Pauline Epistles-look and see who you are in Christ- if it doesn't yet appear on the outside it will as you discover what God has planted on the inside- remember this we are worthy because Jesus took our sins and gave us His righteuosness and when we put ourselves under His blood that is what the Father sees- He sees you as " the righteousness of God in Christ"-you are just as acceptable to Him as His own Son Jesus-

Below is scripture to meditate on:

1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I do need to stop beating myself up. I need to accept the fact that I can't change the past, and I need to live for the future. I let myself get into such a beat up position, all I think about is blasphemous thoughts that I don't even try or mean to think of. But in my heart I know I love Jesus and I love the Holy Spirit. I am very thankful that God gave me a second chance and I guess I was just really depressed at how evil and blasphemous I was living in that time I spent away. But I'm back with God and I'm trying to live for Him and I have turned on my past lifestyle. I need to remember that Jesus died for all sins, mine included and that nothing can seperate me from Him if I just ask forgiveness and try to live a good life for Him. He died and resurrected to be our Savior and save us from sins.

Thank you all so much and God bless you.

I'm going to try harder and let the past go. I'm going to keep my faith in the Lord and remember that I have accepted Christ and I am His now and nothing can seperate me from that love. I feel alot better. I need to remember that God is a loving God and that He will always listen to me when I come for forgiveness.

Amen brother, if I could suggest one more thing- don't try as hard but instead spend more time with Him- it is His power that flows in us and changes us into the person we were created to be- spend a couple of hours in worship you will come away different

I am very thankful for God's mercy and forgivness. I also learned that the unpardonable sin is when the Holy Spirit comes to convict you and show you that you need to accept Jesus, but you refuse until the point comes where your heart is hardened and you no longer seek it. So I don't have to worry about that, because I have accepted Christ.

But thank you all for your support. It really means alot to me.

Good, Jeremy!
Your heart is definitely not hardened.
God is far more merciful than we know!

I think he knows what weak humans we are and allows for our shortcomings, as long as our heart is in the right place.

He says he wants us to live, That is his purpose, to have our sincerity, love and worship.

He wants to reward us, not condemn us.

Jeremy, there is no doubt your heart is in the right place.
Please stop worrying and relax and accept God's forgiveness with a thankful heart.

Now, go on and live your life for God, and stop with the worrying.

God is looking down upon you with so much love and admiration for your repentant heart.

Jeremy I am pleased to see you finding peace- thank God for His mercy and goodness we all need to be washed in it everyday!

Here's just a bit more of the Word to go along with this Jeremy:

1Corinthians 6:9-11 9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Verse 11 is key here. Verses 9 and 10 tell us the type of people that will not make it into Heaven if they continue those lifestyles. But in verse 11, it tells us that people who had once lived those lifestyles have been washed and sanctified by Jesus. And such were some of you. They no longer need to let their past trouble them, because Jesus has paid the price.

Just like you don't need to let your past trouble you. Now go to God in prayer and let him love you my friend.:)

Some people have made some very good posts, but if it's ok, I'd like to add in my own.

This topic has been on my mind for quite some time, so I researched it and wrote an article on it. You can read the full thing here, but I'll try to summarize it.

Basically, when Jesus talked about the "unforgivable sin", he wasn't talking about a single act. If he was, he'd be contradicting the rest of the Bible. If you examine the context and his audience (the pharisees), you'll probably have a more proper viewpoint.

Because no one has been born a Christian, we've all blasphemed God in our lives. However, God is still able to forgive us. Jesus was talking to a group of people who knew who he was, who had the proof of who he was, and still continually rejected him. Here's 2 examples:

Nicodemus was a pharisee. He fit into the category that Jesus was talking about. However, he did not continually reject Jesus. He ended up accepting Christ as the Savior.

Simon Peter. He rejected Jesus 3 times and basically told him that he (Jesus) was lying at one point (and then Jesus called him Satan). However, even he was not beyond salvation. He came back to Christ and later gave his life for him.

(It's already been said before, but...) Trust me, if you think you've committed the "unforgivable sin" and are worried, it's a good sign that your heart is repentant and you will still receive eternal life.

Back