Mount Ebal - Deuteronomy 27 & Joshua 8

H

hada85

Mount Ebal - Deuteronomy 27 & Joshua 8

Hello,

In my possession I have several unique and beautiful calcite stones from mount Ebal, which is in Israel.
Mount Ebal and Joshua's altar are mentioned in the Holy Bibly:

"And Moses and the elders of Israel commanded the people, saying: 'Keep all the commandment which I command you this day. And it shall be on the day when ye shall pass over the Jordan unto the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, that thou shalt set thee up great stones, and plaster them with plaster... And it shall be when ye are passed over the Jordan, that ye shall set up these stones, which I command you this day, in mount Ebal, and thou shalt plaster them with plaster. And there shalt thou build an altar unto the Lord thy God, an altar of stones; thou shalt lift up no iron tool upon them. Thou shalt build the altar of the Lord thy God of unhewn stones; and thou shalt offer burnt-offerings thereon unto the Lord thy God... And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly.' And Moses and the priests the Levites spoke unto all Israel, saying: 'Keep silence, and hear, 0 Israel; this day thou art become a people unto the Lord thy God...' " (Deuteronomy 27: 1-9).

"Then Joshua built an altar unto the Lord, the God of Israel, in mount Ebal, as Moses the servant of the Lord commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the book of the law of Moses, an altar of unhewn stones, upon which no man had lifted up any iron; and they offered thereon burnt-offerings unto the Lord, and sacrificed peace-offerings. And he wrote there upon the stones a copy of the law of Moses, which he wrote before the children of Israel" (Joshua 8:30-32).

Today the place is a closed military zone. I collected these stones during my army service.

If you're interested in these stones, or know someone that can be, send me an email.
I can send you more info and pictures.

hada85 (at) gmail.com

Picture of the stones can be found here:
freeimagehosting.net/image.php?e1e07fcf99.jpg

Best regards,
David

Back