Must one Hold to the trinity to be saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we really knew instead of think we know what God accepts of our knowledge of him, how small we would see we are!

God needs none of us to help his cause but we were created bc he desired our worship and love.

We put importance on what we want ppl to believe is of supreme utmost importance when maybe it's not, then we talk it to death.

Not sure how anyone who has studied scripture can deny the Holy Trinity. Another thing I dont think has been mentioned is the significance of the unholy trinity. Satan, the false profit and the antichrist or 666 showing an opposite to the Holy Trinity. But is belief in the Holy Trinity a must? I dont think so myself but again, with study I dont know how one cant.

Not sure how anyone who has studied scripture can deny the Holy Trinity. Another thing I dont think has been mentioned is the significance of the unholy trinity. Satan, the false profit and the antichrist or 666 showing an opposite to the Holy Trinity. But is belief in the Holy Trinity a must? I dont think so myself but again, with study I dont know how one cant.
If God is ONE, which he is, I do not see how people can say God is three individuals persons.

Act_17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Rom_1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Col_2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

All the scriptures on the website you linked to are true and I could provide a few more. I do believe sincerely in the Godhead. Nobody can do otherwise amid such a wealth of documentation. But people do not accept it I am sorry to say.

The problem is in the way Trinitarians present it. The Bible speaks of One God, but the diagram states “The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is not the Father.” When I showed this to my Catholic friend he was horrified and blurted out the words, “That is wrong, God is One. They confirm God's presence in heaven, on earth and in our hearts.”

As soon as the words 'NOT' are erased, I shall be 100% behind the Trinitarians, but as of this moment, the word ‘not’ is unworthy of the ONE omnipresent God.

Thank you for the post, I got banned on a supposedly Christian forum for posting the same scriptures you posted because a strong group of LDS supporters complained.

The emphasis on three different persons, is divisive, and if that strong statement, "The Father is NOT the Son, the Son is NOT the Father and the Father is NOT the Holy Spirit, making it sound like three different Gods when we know God is Spirit in heaven and on earth in Jesus, then I feel the whole of the believing world could join together in unity, and that is what the world needs and is waiting for.

May the one God in three persons bless us all.

Last edited:
I do not follow cults, so you can forget Modalism and Oneness. Please do not make accusations against me.

Just lately, since the start of this thread in point of fact, the words, "all 3 persons are all equally Yahweh" have taken on a strange cultist sound. The Jews are certainly correct in their insistence on One God and as I would never deny Jesus, who is God with us from the beginning of days till the end of days, the Alpha, and Omega, the I AM. I might just come round to the belief I had as a child that Jesus is God and there is no other. Didn't Paul preach that to the Romans?

After all, a Christian is meant to follow Jesus the Saviour, and Creator of heaven and earth, all the days of their life and this talk of Trinitarianism takes our eyes away from the Lord. Perhaps that is what Satan wants, and thinking about the parable of the tares and the wheat, maybe it is this sort of talk that causes people to fall by the wayside, and to be honest, I cannot see a place for it in Christianity.
Do you then deny that God eternally exists as 3 Persons, as the trinity? Is it just Jesus is God?

Act_17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Rom_1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Col_2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

All the scriptures on the website you linked to are true and I could provide a few more. I do believe sincerely in the Godhead. Nobody can do otherwise amid such a wealth of documentation. But people do not accept it I am sorry to say.

The problem is in the way Trinitarians present it. The Bible speaks of One God, but the diagram states “The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is not the Father.” When I showed this to my Catholic friend he was horrified and blurted out the words, “That is wrong, God is One. They confirm God's presence in heaven, on earth and in our hearts.”

As soon as the words 'NOT' are erased, I shall be 100% behind the Trinitarians, but as of this moment, the word ‘not’ is unworthy of the ONE omnipresent God.

Thank you for the post, I got banned on a supposedly Christian forum for posting the same scriptures you posted because a strong group of LDS supporters complained.

The emphasis on three different persons, is divisive, and if that strong statement, "The Father is NOT the Son, the Son is NOT the Father and the Father is NOT the Holy Spirit, making it sound like three different Gods when we know God is Spirit in heaven and on earth in Jesus, then I feel the whole of the believing world could join together in unity, and that is what the world needs and is waiting for.

May the one God in three persons bless us all.
You still sound like Pentecostal Oneness!

If God is ONE, which he is, I do not see how people can say God is three individuals persons.
Act_17:29, Rom_1:20, Col_2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I do believe sincerely in the Godhead. May the one God in three persons bless us all.

Hello Cooper;

I blue-lighted parts of your post. At the end of the day what you believe between you and God, I do feel you believe sincerely in the Godhead.

I do agree it is difficult to explain or articulate the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as One God, however, shall we come to a common ground that the Trinity is foundational to the Christian faith?

God bless
you, Cooper, and your whole family.

Hello Cooper;

I blue-lighted parts of your post. At the end of the day what you believe between you and God? I do feel you believe sincerely in the Godhead.

I do agree it is difficult to explain or articulate the Father, Son and Holy Spirit as One God, however, shall we come to a common ground that the Trinity is foundational to the Christian faith?

God bless

Still seems to to advocating a kind of Oneness here though!

Hello Cooper;

I blue-lighted parts of your post. At the end of the day what you believe between you and God? I do feel you believe sincerely in the Godhead.

God bless

I believe 100% in the Godhead as is written in the Bible.

We can explain what the Spirit gives to us,
We can share our love of what God means to us also. We can pray that others may receive and know the TRUTH, but what we cannot do is carry it to far into the fleshy realm which I see happening here.

Some of you say," I don't want to argue" .....lol that is exactly what you do bc you want too!

I rarely ever hit the report button ,we are supposed to be mature adults, when in fact as Paul stated in fact" I have to come to you as children."

NONE of us have the capability to see another's thoughts nor heart, and it is up to God to judge all matters. Why has this thread been allowed to continue when the ignored show hostility and agression, having a mob mentality.

Love can build a bridge as the Judds sang .
Love can open blinded eyes.
Love can soothe those grieving in heart.
Love never fails and behaves in a godly manner.
What love does not do is browbeat into OUR submissiveness. We are nothing, God is everything and we should always be pointing to him in his will not ours.

Badgering some one to say it like we want is wrong and there will be an accounting.
Forgiveness covers a lot and brings unity !

If only we really knew instead of think we know what God accepts of our knowledge of him, how small we would see we are!

God needs none of us to help his cause but we were created bc he desired our worship and love.

We put importance on what we want ppl to believe is of supreme utmost importance when maybe it's not, then we talk it to death.

Very true.

For crying out loud. I spend practically the whole of my time online teaching about the Trinity. You try going on Atheist Ireland and the university websites. These comments remind me of the inquisition. I do not need it. Thank you.
So you do agree that God is Trinity, as defined by the Creeds and Confessions of Christendom then?

Moderator WARNING !

This thread has been responsible for angry replies, arguments, intense differences of opinion and the banning of one CFS member (so far).

Really People? Is THIS the way that Christians are supposed to act and to treat each other?

As a penalty, this thread is now closed. If anyone who was participating in this thread in a negative way does so elsewhere in this forum, more accounts will be suspended.

Personality conflicts are rampant these days and the staff WILL HAVE ORDER !

Consider this as a WARNING - with consequences to follow.

`23

`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back