My Head And Heart Don't Seem Connected - I Feel Like I'm Dying

I've asked God to help me see the problem clearer, clear enough to know maybe what's going on with me. I've been yearning to know God's love experientially for myself but although I know what I know about theology, it's never enough. I'd rather know little and believe it in my heart than to not believe much at all in my heart.

This is a terrible place to be. I feel like I'm dying. I'm an intellectual believer and that's all I've been. I've been forcing myself to have feelings to mimic someone who believes in their heart also.

My head and heart are not connected. I don't know what to do. Maybe I've never been saved. I don't know.

I'm doing better. Seems like mornings are worse with this struggle of not being confident in that fact that God is in fact working through me, and I am saved.

Do not be discouraged! He will never leave you nor forsake you. He gave us warning about the current troubles, "In this world, ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world."

I've asked God to help me see the problem clearer, clear enough to know maybe what's going on with me. I've been yearning to know God's love experientially for myself but although I know what I know about theology, it's never enough. I'd rather know little and believe it in my heart than to not believe much at all in my heart.

This is a terrible place to be. I feel like I'm dying. I'm an intellectual believer and that's all I've been. I've been forcing myself to have feelings to mimic someone who believes in their heart also.

My head and heart are not connected. I don't know what to do. Maybe I've never been saved. I don't know.

Banjo71, what you are experiencing is the flesh is lusting against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh, they are contrary one another so you can not do the things you want.

Gal 5:17 For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the [Holy] Spirit, and the [desires of the] Spirit are opposed to the flesh (godless human nature); for these are antagonistic to each other [continually withstanding and in conflict with each other], so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do. (AMP Bible)

What you want to do is have faith and understand God's Word. The problem is the carnal human mind can not discover spiritual truth. It is only with the heart man believes and understand the Word of God, because that is were God speaks to us. Spirit speaks to spirit, not Spirit to flesh. The human physical mind is only a tool used to allow man to operate in this physical world. Since it can not discover spiritual truth it can belive it. The natural mind only believes what you tell it to believe. You can believe a lie if you want to. The carnal mind is the enemy of God because it is not subject to the laws of God, it needs to either see, feel, hear, taste or touch before it can believe something true. The flesh can not do any of these these in the spiritual world.
You have heard of the word "repent" This word does not mean to feel sorry for your sins, it means "to change your mind"
This does not mean we are to change what we are thinking about, but to change our mind from the natural physical mind to the spiritual mind of Christ that dwells in your heart not head. Your heart tells your mind what to believe, and not the other way around. This is one of the hardest things to over come as a Christian as the human physical mind does not give up easily, but it must be done so we can to walk in the Spirit.

Back