My Heart's Desire

Paul said his heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites (his own people) was that they may be saved. I concur with him, in that is my desire, as well, for my family members, friends, neighbors and the people of this world to come to know Christ Jesus as Lord and as Savior of their lives, and for them to walk with him in faith and obedience to his commands.

There are many who profess Christ as Savior who are zealous to do good works. Yet, there are others who profess Christ who are just busy living to please themselves. Whether living to please self with little to no concern for others, or fully zealous for good works and Christian service, it is possible to believe you are a Christian and yet not be, because you seek to establish your own righteousness instead of submitting to God’s.

Jesus said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny (disallow) himself, take up his cross daily (die daily to sin and self) and follow (obey) him. He said if we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and to please self, we will lose them for eternity, but if we willingly die to sin and self, we will gain eternal life with God in heaven (See Lu. 9:23-26). And, the Apostle Paul, in the Spirit, said that the way we come to know Christ is by forsaking our old lives of sin and self, by being transformed in heart and mind (via the Spirit of God), and by putting on our new lives in Christ Jesus, “created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (See Ep. 4:17-24). So, when we declare with our mouths that Jesus is our Lord, this is what we are declaring, and we agree with this in our hearts. Then, we are saved.

My Heart’s Desire / An Original Work / June 29, 2013
Based off Rm. 10; Lu. 9:23-26; Ep. 4:20-24

Loved Ones, Oh, my heart’s desire
Is that you might come to Jesus.
Many appear zealous for God,
But they do not trust in Him.
They have not submitted to the One
Who saved them from their sins;
Not forsaken their sins,
Nor have they obeyed their King.

The word of the Lord is near you:
The word of faith we’re proclaiming: