My House is a Psych Ward

So, as I start the journey to pull myself up out of the darkness of the Abyss (depression), now my husband has been struck with the black beast as well. What a household we have here. He recently went through a healing that brought out a lot of pent up pain and anger, and this is the price one pays to regurgitate the bad stuff. It is hard to watch a loved one go through something you wouldn't wish on your enemy, but we are using prayer and common sense to pull him out of this pit. I am sending him on holiday to visit our uncle priest, who also fights this beast every day and manages to win. I think that being around family, especially Godly family, will be of great benefit to him. In the meantime, I am just shaking my head thinking that when it rains, it pours. I make sure to remind him to go over all of God's blessing each day and to pray to mend his brokenness. God never deserts his children, and He will heal my husband's wounds as He did mine.

Egraine;

I read all your threads and posts and though I may not always reply, I discern you never give up and love the Lord. God bless you for that!

I do a self check every year and visit my Christian counselor. I do this to be accountable to my wife and me. But this year I needed to extend my sessions because I'm battling deep issues, deep issues that I have never experienced before. I cannot just point to a scripture and conveniently match it to my Spiritual or emotional well being and be on my way.

I opened up to God and confessed what and how I'm feeling about the principalities of darkness that I'm battling. There is a deep rooted anger, sadness and many nights I'm losing sleep. Most of the time its people problems in my community and church. I don't understand why this is happening to me. Nobody has done anything extreme to hurt me. There are disagreements, arguments, there was the problem of raccoons under our home, or the other guy flipping me off when driving (I'm a conservative driver).

I love the Lord and know He is with me through all this but God also prompted me to prepare His deliverance of my situation. I need healing.

My counselor popped in during my thoughts and prayers. So after thinking, I finally contacted him and started visiting him again.

He has begun to help me, slowly, because it is a slow process of healing so theres a ways to go. God assures me that I am empowered to take care of myself without time limits.

I don't know what else I can say about my story, but hope you can relate, Egraine.

God bless you and your husband and am praying for God's covering over you both.

Bobinfaith: Thank you for sharing this with me. I do understand. Finding our way back from "deep issues" is often an epic battle for every inch of ground, but in the end, when we finally crawl out of the pit into the light, it is well worth the battles we had to fight along the way. I know, most assuredly, that God helps us more than we can imagine or hope, and that he especially is protective of those of His children who are crushed in their brokenness. To cope, I have found that keeping God in the forefront of my mind helps me through the darkest moments of my day, keeps me grounded, and reminds me of what is really important. I know that many obstacles in our lives are for our learning, but many we have placed there ourselves. God helps us regardless of where our struggles arose from. We must try to rejoice in how fortunate we are to even have a relationship with our Creator, a being so immense and powerful that we cannot possibly fathom, yet who takes the trouble to care for us. We are so fortunate and so blessed. When we finally learn to lay all our problems on His shoulders, then we can finally achieve happiness, but that is a very hard thing for us to learn how to do. We all want to be in control of ourselves, our minds and our lives, and God wants us to give it all up to Him. I have not perfected this feat yet, but I know that when I do, my life will be remarkably carefree. I will no longer have to struggle with darkness, since I will automatically turn all my dark thoughts over to God, and will continually ask God to keep evil from invading me. It is something well worth fighting for and it holds a prize of a life lived in priceless peace.

. I have not perfected this feat yet, but I know that when I do, my life will be remarkably carefree. I will no longer have to struggle with darkness, since I will automatically turn all my dark thoughts over to God, and will continually ask God to keep evil from invading me. It is something well worth fighting for and it hold a prize of a life lived in priceless peace.

Greetings,
I mean no disrespect but that simply will not ever happen.

First of all God does not want your dark thoughts.....He told you to get rid of them..
See 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

CJB
3 For although we do live in the world, we do not wage war in a worldly way;
4 because the weapons we use to wage war are not worldly. On the contrary, they have God’s power for demolishing strongholds. We demolish arguments
5 and every arrogance that raises itself up against the knowledge of God; we take every thought captive and make it obey the Messiah

KJV
3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

1. You need to know how to use your Armor 24/7/365

Shield Faith Stop the fiery darts which are Thoughts, Feelings, Ideas, Emotions and so forth.

You have to know where they came from by taking them captive .
If not from God then cast them out.
Keep them out.
Replace with what is written in the word of God.

God is Not going to Stop or take these thoughts away.
This is our Job or rather command.

True Worship and Joy of The Lord is Present then All that Dark junk can not be.

Please see this......you can not get God to do what He has told each of us to do.
Kick that darkness out and keep it out.
Blessings
FCJ

Greetings,
I mean no disrespect but that simply will not ever happen.

First of all God does not want your dark thoughts.....He told you to get rid of them..
See 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

CJB
3 For although we do live in the world, we do not wage war in a worldly way;
4 because the weapons we use to wage war are not worldly. On the contrary, they have God’s power for demolishing strongholds. We demolish arguments
5 and every arrogance that raises itself up against the knowledge of God; we take every thought captive and make it obey the Messiah

KJV
3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

1. You need to know how to use your Armor 24/7/365

Shield Faith Stop the fiery darts which are Thoughts, Feelings, Ideas, Emotions and so forth.

You have to know where they came from by taking them captive .
If not from God then cast them out.
Keep them out.
Replace with what is written in the word of God.

God is Not going to Stop or take these thoughts away.
This is our Job or rather command.

True Worship and Joy of The Lord is Present then All that Dark junk can not be.

Please see this......you can not get God to do what He has told each of us to do.
Kick that darkness out and keep it out.
Blessings
FCJ

Just like the verse resist the enemy and he will (has to, has no choice but to) flee (James 4:7)

Just like the verse resist the enemy and he will (has to, has no choice but to) flee (James 4:7)
James 4:7
KJV
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you

CJB
7. Therefore, submit to God. Moreover, take a stand against the Adversary, and he will flee from you.

1. Must be Submitted unto God
2. Resist, Fight, Stand and then the devil will flee.......for a little while then he will be back.

Blessings
FCJ

Still, when I have dark thoughts I ask God to help me put the evil one behind me, and it seems to work. I always thought that it was okay to call upon God to fight evil in this manner. Satan is more powerful than I am, but he is not more powerful than God, ergo if I call upon God to help me put him way from me does God not assist in this request? I am quite confused. I know that Jesus ordered Satan to get behind him when he was tempted in the desert, but I understood that this worked because Jesus was God. I've always understood that in order for humans to put Satan behind us, we needed to ask for God's help, since before God nothing evil can stand. I understand that we must make a conscious choice and effort to push evil thoughts from out minds, but that we were permitted to get divine assistance in our efforts. I also understood that we are to take all our cares and troubles and send them to the cross - that God wishes us to lean on Him completely. I will retreat for a time to contemplate this and attempt to resolve the confusion for myself (with God's help of course).

1 John 4:4 says that greater is He (God, the Holy Spirit) that is in you, than he that is in the world. And in Matthew 18:18 says that anything we bind on earth is bound in heaven. So when your resisting the enemy in Jesus name... your doing it with God's power and the authority that resides within you (because He gave us His name.. Ephesians 3:15) because of the Holy Spirit that came to live in you when you were first born again.

Philippians 2:13 says it good... not in our own strength, it is God who dwells within us giving us the power and desire to do what pleases Him. Faith is what pleases God (Hebrews 11:6), and when we believe (have faith) that as we obey Gods written Word, then His power comes in to help us.

So you are totally right that we do nothing in our own strength, for without God, nothing is possible. But with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

When Jesus walked this earth 2 Timothy 2:6-7 says that He emptied Himself of all of His diety or godly powers. He was anointed by and filled with the Holy Spirit when John Baptized Him (Matthew 3:13-17). He did all this to ahow all of us that it is possible to be a man or woman anointed with the Holy Spirit, and be fully submitted to God and do all the things He said we can do if we believe in Him. But again it's not us doing things (the works) it's God within us that does the works. It's not of ourselves. (John 14:10 - 18). Jesus took no credit for anything He did or spoke... He gave all the credit to The Father... which is what we do as well (if we're being honest and humble).

Hope this helps..

Blessings, love and huggs to you my friend

Still, when I have dark thoughts I ask God to help me put the evil one behind me, and it seems to work.
. I know that Jesus ordered Satan to get behind him when he was tempted in the desert, but I understood that this worked because Jesus was God.
Have you ever seen a cat play with a mouse before it killed the mouse?

Well our enemy the devil enjoys playing cat and mouse with us.
he will bring the pressure and back off and make you think all is well and you relax and bam it's back on.

he knows we can be Trouble for him when we Know who we are in Christ and how to walk in His Authority to keep our enemy away.

So, when we pray things that he the devil knows won't keep him away, well he will humor us and back off and bringing a False Feeling of Peace and then come right back and then you keep crying out to God to do what He told you to do and eventually our enemy will back off and continue his game for as long as he can.

In doing so, he gets Christians trapped in a revolving door, year after year after year.

It's called keeping one in bondage.
You never ever really rise above and stay in the revolving door year after year after year.

Jesus lived on this earth as our Example of how a Spirit Filled Man Should Live.

Did not satan say if you are the son of God do this or that?
Why would he say "IF" you are the son of God?

Because Jesus stripped Himself of His Godly Diety to be fully man as He walked on this earth.
Jesus Stayed Submitted to the Father and the enemy had to flee.

Blessings
FCJ

I always thought that it was okay to call upon God to fight evil in this manner.
Philippians 2:9-11
KJV
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and thingsunder the earth;
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

CJB
9 Therefore God raised him to the highest place
and gave him the name above every name;
10 that in honor of the name given Yeshua,
every knee will bow
in heaven, on earth and under the earth —
11 and every tongue will acknowledgea
that Yeshua the Messiah is Adonai
to the glory of God the Father.

True it is through Christ that we can fight these fights and win because all of Heaven or God's Word backs us up.
It's not by our mite or strength but by the Power of the Living Word of God.

Blessings
FCJ

Everyone else has said it, and there is nothing really that I can add except this; I myself was diagnosed with chronic depression at a very young age and my wife suffers from bipolar disorder. When I was saved I was able to come off medication myself (praise God), because His Word was able to carry me through my dark days. Satan knows our weaknesses, and being who is, this is where he attacks. He will never attack your strengths, but always your weaknesses. I still go through stages where I feel depressed and get depressed, but (and this is what works for me), the Bible has become my medication. There are a few verses that I will read and meditate on when I feel this way and for me this has worked wonders. I pray that He will bring you out of your current situation and give you the strength to withstand the onslaught of the enemy. Remember this: Jesus can be likened to a candle. He is light. A candle casts no shadow or darkness!

Everyone else has said it, and there is nothing really that I can add except this; I myself was diagnosed with chronic depression at a very young age and my wife suffers from bipolar disorder. When I was saved I was able to come off medication myself (praise God), because His Word was able to carry me through my dark days. Satan knows our weaknesses, and being who is, this is where he attacks. He will never attack your strengths, but always your weaknesses. I still go through stages where I feel depressed and get depressed, but (and this is what works for me), the Bible has become my medication. There are a few verses that I will read and meditate on when I feel this way and for me this has worked wonders. I pray that He will bring you out of your current situation and give you the strength to withstand the onslaught of the enemy. Remember this: Jesus can be likened to a candle. He is light. A candle casts no shadow or darkness!

Just wanted to share something that God gave me for when the enemy attacks us with depression and negative emotions

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/rejoice-in-the-lord-always-devotion.47373/

God bless my friend... jim and i think you are a great asset to this forum!

Amen!!

What opened my eyes was the way several of my Pastors / Spiritual Father's in the Lord said this.....

As born again Spirit Filled Believers We Don't Have The Right To Give In To Depression because when we do it is Always All About Us......

Now to me, that's the eye opener you don't miss because The Joy of the Lord is our Strength and when operating within that strength, depression simply can not occupy the same space.

So Is it a wonder one does not feel like rejoicing in the Lord, for if you do you will rise above this deadly trap of our enemy.

So the way I see it, you got to choose what is more important, poor ol me or Believing what the Word says and On Purpose Make Your Self begin to Rejoice in the Lord, I will say it again.......Make Your Self begin to Rejoice in the Lord, and Watch the enemies hook of depression leave.

I have a friend who seems to always be there looking at me in that window over the bathroom sink. Believe me when I say we have a silly mood changing experience every time we hang out. Lol just ask Cturtle......
Blessings
FCJ

Hi Andre, what are some of these verses you rely on? I ask because it may help others also.

Hi Andre, what are some of these verses you rely on? I ask because it may help others also.

What has worked for me and still does are:
Genesis 1:1 - this reminds me of how great and powerful God is
Psalm 139 - this reminds me that I was created out of love and for a purpose
Psalm 23 - this reminds me that He is everything I need.
Matthew 6:25-34 - reminds me that He knows what I need and provides it
Isaiah 40:30-31 - reminds me that I can rely on His strength when I cannot rely on my own
John 16:33 - reminds me that He has already conquered everything
Revelation 4:11 - reminds me that it's not about me...it's all about Him.

These are a handful of verses and Scriptures that I meditate on when I feel down or depressed. We have to remind ourselves of certain truths because the enemy has the power to deceive our eyes and to cloud our vision. The truth is that if you woke up this morning and you were able to breathe in His air, you are blessed and already have a great reason to be of good cheer. When I have clouded vision, I choose to reflect on these things and I remind myself of an amazing fact: I am here, not by accident, but because God chose to create me. Before the foundations of the earth were laid He already decided that this planet will need one of me. I remind myself that because I was created with a purpose I have value and I remind myself that even though my life does not always reflect my love for Him and even though I am at times rebellious, His love for me is so great that He died and rose again so that I can live with Him one day, for all days. Hopes this helps. God's blessings and mercy for you.

I just spent a week alone and with the Lord. It has done exactly what I had hoped for - given me peace of mind and brought me into the light. It is amazing what faith and some dedicated time with God can do. The Lord has freed me once again, and I am so grateful for the peace and hopefulness he has brought to my life. Over the past ten days I have been able to automatically give over any darkness or dark thoughts over to God, and it has made such a difference. After this much time, it is practically a habit.

I am grateful for all those who responded positively to this post and who shared their own journeys with me. I thank you for being open with me. I have also learned that the evil one will try to use others to deceive and discourage us from finding our way into the light and closer to the Lord, and I am grateful to be now watchful for this phenomenon. It has been a long ten days, but well worth the time spent in isolation and thoughtful meditation upon God and my relationship with Him. As usual, God has prevailed against all negative speculation and against all odds. WIth faith in God anything is possible. It is an important thing for everyone to remember. Never underestimate God's power in changing lives and bringing about a positive result. Never let humans tell you it can't be done - listen instead to God, put your faith in God before putting your faith in man. These are a few of the many things that I have learned during my ten day sabbatical from the distractions of people and life.

Blessings to you all.

Back