My Introduction

Hello, all. I'm Cleave, a writer living in Colorado, though my heart is set on a distant shore with a warm beach. I've been a Christian since I was five years old, but I'm not sure when I sufficiently understood what it means to follow Christ. To quote the movie Amazing Grace, I do know two things very clearly: "I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great Savior."

The church culture I was raised in was not healthy, unfortunately. To make a long story short, I was born with a disability, and developed bipolar disorder as a young boy. Those aspects of my life made me an easy victim for bullies who took advantage of me. I was later diagnosed with PTSD.

As Romans 8 says, though, all things have worked together for my good. Because of the darkness I have endured, I have seen light shine all the greater. I have found great beauty apart from but within that darkness, and it has inspired many of the stories I've written. My personal struggles have left scars (physical and otherwise), but each scar has a story that rightly points to God.

What I cannot do, God has done in me. Though I can't yet set foot in a church building without being overcome by anxiety, God has ministered to me in this wilderness, and I have done well in it. I look forward to the opportunities for community here, and the opportunities to learn and impart what I've learned along my path.

Welcome To CFS Cleave
You will find many loving and caring members here and some really good ol fellowship one with another as well.

Relax and let us get to know one another.

As we ask of all new memers,
Please look over the Following and Familiarize yourself with them, this will help you to have a safe and joyful time here in the forum.

Again this is just forum procedure and nothing else.

1. Forum Policies and Procedures
2. Topics which May Not Be Discussed in the open forum.

If you have any questions or issues with the forum, please feel free to contact a moderator or helper and we will do what we can to help.

Again Welcome to cfs
Blessings
FCJ

Hello, all. I'm Cleave, a writer living in Colorado, though my heart is set on a distant shore with a warm beach. I've been a Christian since I was five years old, but I'm not sure when I sufficiently understood what it means to follow Christ. To quote the movie Amazing Grace, I do know two things very clearly: "I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great Savior."

The church culture I was raised in was not healthy, unfortunately. To make a long story short, I was born with a disability, and developed bipolar disorder as a young boy. Those aspects of my life made me an easy victim for bullies who took advantage of me. I was later diagnosed with PTSD.

As Romans 8 says, though, all things have worked together for my good. Because of the darkness I have endured, I have seen light shine all the greater. I have found great beauty apart from but within that darkness, and it has inspired many of the stories I've written. My personal struggles have left scars (physical and otherwise), but each scar has a story that rightly points to God.

What I cannot do, God has done in me. Though I can't yet set foot in a church building without being overcome by anxiety, God has ministered to me in this wilderness, and I have done well in it. I look forward to the opportunities for community here, and the opportunities to learn and impart what I've learned along my path.

Welcome, Cleave;

I enjoyed reading your testimony and pray you will continue to press on for Christ. I've begun to PRAY for you, one day at His time, the Lord's strength will cover the PTSD and enable you to set foot in a church building. The people there are also seeking fellowship, and you could be that one servant of God who can minister (LOVE, encourage, bring a Spirit of hope) to them as well.

We all look forward to sharing Jesus with you here.

God bless you, Cleave, and your family.

abs2welcome.png

Back