My Life is a Sham

My Life is a Sham

My Life is a Sham

Ever hear that saying? Have you ever said it yourself? You see I am a visitor here at BC. On my drive home today, I got to thinking what could this could stand for. I came up with :
S Secrets
H Held
A Admist
M Myself

Now that is quite a powerful thought. How many of you have secrets? I am sure we all have them. Secrets can be good a thing. For example a secret of a surprise birthday party, a secret present for someone, a secret recipe held by only a few people. But how about the secrets in one’s life that can be destructive to one’s self let alone others. Now what could they be? How about being in an alcoholic relationship and trying to hide the fact from your friends and family that the one you love has a drinking problem. How about finding out the one you love in a relationship has been cheating on you? How about being a single mom raising children and struggling financially and not wanting to let your parents know you are really struggling? How about being so buried with projects at work, but trying to hide it from your boss? How about “borrowing” money from a child’s savings account, hoping you could pay it back one day thinking no one will know? The list goes on and on.

You see I was living a life of secrets. My life was on my path. I had my whole future painted. Oh yes, it was a great future! Everything I wanted. Then one day it all came crashing down. The storm of my life came crashing down. This is the point in my life that I knew what needed to be done. That one task was to give my life to Christ. I needed to live his path. I needed to be living the path that had been painted for me from the minute I was born. So there it was on December 16, 2004 in a small rural church, that I totally gave my life to the Lord. I was given a book a short time later titled “Jesus is My Final Answer”. by Kenny Ashley.

There it was on page 1. “Whatever we do, it is because Christ’s love controls us” 2 Corinthians 5:14. “ Is Jesus your final answer? Does his love, and his love alone, control you? Have you surrended your life .. your dreams.. your hopes…. your desires. your whole being to Christ? If not you are not controlled by his love. You are controlled by your own agenda. Your motives are unpure. You serve to fulfill your life , not to glorify his. If you are serving others for any other motivation than honoring the Lord, your service will always have limits. “

Did I really think or do we really think that our secrets are just ours? There is one person that knows all our secrets and that is the Lord. He sees us every waking minute. He sees all our actions. He sees those things we do and those we leave undone. We cannot hide anything from him. As Jeremiah 33:3 states “ Ask me and I will tell you some remarkable secrets about what is going to happen here. “ Hmm so all I have to do is ask and it will be shown? That was an interesting concept learned.

My favorite verse from day one of the big storm of my life is Jeremiah 29:11 “ For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you a hope and future. The Lord has blessed me along all the storms of my life, even through the secrets I had tried to hide. When one finds themself saying my Life is a Sham, I encourage you to look to Jesus for the final answer. Walk with him, walk the path he has for you after all he died on the cross and rose for me and for you. He gives us life.

I am in awe every time I worship at BC. I come from a small church with 18 pews! I so much have been made to feel welcome here. As I sit and look around, I know there is so many hurting people, hurting in so many ways. There are moments that I just want to jump up and say, you will be ok. The Lord is with you. He will see you through whatever storm or Sham you may find yourself going through. I believe Jesus is the Final Answer. My prayer for you is that you realize that with having Jesus be the center of your life he is in control and will lead you to where he needs you and sees you. You see he brought me to the loving Christian relationship I am in, which has lead me to this awesome place of BC.

Peace Be With you

Faithwoman
Visitor of BC

I wrote this Spring 2007..
Alrighty then looking back... I wondered why my faith slipped until 2 months ago :confused::confused:

When we fall He is faithful to pick us up and set us on our feet. A good Father is not angry when His chold falls- He picks them up , cleans them off and sets them to running again!:)

Interesting that the word SHAM is used:confused: That is the word my husband uses alot ... And I was wondering last weekend ,"Why would he use sham:confused:

S Secrets
H Held

A Admist
M Myself

When we fall He is faithful to pick us up and set us on our feet. A good Father is not angry when His chold falls- He picks them up , cleans them off and sets them to running again!:)

Thank goodness the good Father put my nikes back on for me! :D

Faithwoman

Back