My search to know God

I was raised in a Christian home and prior to the military I attended a Christian college. But it was in the military that my parent's God truly became my God. But it wasn't until 2006 that I truly devoted myself to knowing God for there is nothing greater than knowing him and being known by him.

Most of my life has been spent knowing about God, but knowing about him is not the same as knowing him. My desire has not been rooted in pride or arrogance, but in a sincere desire to know the Lord God and his beloved Son as much as can be humanly possible. What man can truly know God for all that we see are only glimpses of how great He is? My quest has not been rooted in knowledge for how can I know God? I pondered about what can I truly know about God, what can I understand with all that I am, and the answer was simple yet profound.

My quest to know God has been rooted in love, for God is love, and it is in love and through love that we can know him in many wondrous ways. I yearn and I long to be broken so that I might be filled. Brokenness requires surrender, trust, and acceptance, but it begins with awareness and acknowledgement of who He is and of who I am. With acceptance and surrender we move deeper into the place of awareness, and awareness increases understanding which grows to a place where we know and in knowing we shall be known. Brokenness comes before holiness and holiness comes before fullness and power. My heart desires to know the Lord and to be filled by his presence but first I must be surrendered and broken before him. Psalm 51 was written by a man with a broken heart, but also by a man with a heart that loved God and deeply desired to know him, and that Psalm is one I read often as I seek to be united in heart.

My desire has not been rooted in pride or arrogance,
I yearn and I long to be broken so that I might be filled.
Brokenness requires surrender, trust, and acceptance, but it begins with awareness and acknowledgement of who He is and of who I am.
Brokenness comes before holiness and holiness comes before fullness and power.

Hello Exonomia;

I enjoyed reading My search to know God and thank you for sharing from your heart.

I can relate along with my church family and community. I
blue high lighted your quotes and in my own words encourage others and myself the discipline of following Christ.

I feel for most believers, and unbelievers, that they don't desire being rooted in pride or arrogance. Unfortunately, its a big part of our battle against the principalities of darkness - Ephesians 6:12. We don't desire the pride or arrogance but many times we do let our guard down in various situations, thus the battle.

We have to be broken first because God can fill us. In
Matthew 11:29 Jesus teaches humbleness, humility, being filled with a heart of gratitude, first to God, and surrendering bruised egos and arrogance from within to Him. I agree with you that brokeness must come before holiness.

God bless you, brother, and your whole family.

Hello Exonomia;

I enjoyed reading My search to know God and thank you for sharing from your heart.

I can relate along with my church family and community. I
blue high lighted your quotes and in my own words encourage others and myself the discipline of following Christ.

I feel for most believers, and unbelievers, that they don't desire being rooted in pride or arrogance. Unfortunately, its a big part of our battle against the principalities of darkness - Ephesians 6:12. We don't desire the pride or arrogance but many times we do let our guard down in various situations, thus the battle.

We have to be broken first because God can fill us. In
Matthew 11:29 Jesus teaches humbleness, humility, being filled with a heart of gratitude, first to God, and surrendering bruised egos and arrogance from within to Him. I agree with you that brokeness must come before holiness.

God bless you, brother, and your whole family.

Thank you, I sense a kindred spirit and heart.

Back