My Understanding Of The Creation Of Heaven And Earth.

I'm new to this forum, and want to know if my understanding of creation is correct. My understanding of the creation of heaven, earth and all of creation is the following:

Day 1: Day and night
Day 2: Heaven
Day 3: Earth, seas, grass, and trees
Day 4: Seasons, days, years, sun, moon, and stars
Day 5: Sea creatures and all winged creatures of the sky - e.g. - birds.
Day 6: Cattle, "creeping things", and all animals not created yet, including man and woman.
Day 7: Rest

Feedback?

Gen 1:1 shows the creation of the heavens and the earth... then in verse two He explains more about the state of the earth. I love science because it helps us understand the wonders of the Lord. As such, I also believe the Word of God is perfect and means every letter/word/sentence written. So here's my thought:

God made the heavens and all the building blocks for the universe, just out there, not doing anything. The three most abundant elements are Hydrogen, Helium and Oxygen. When you combine Hydrogen and Oxygen together you get water. You cannot breathe underwater or in space. So my thought is, there's no visible light (אֹור) but energy, and albeit the Spirit uses the word אָ֗רֶץ (literally land) I believe He was speaking as though things are when they're not (Rom 4:17; Acts 15:18;1 Cor 1:28, etc). The earth was desolate and void, like legos in a bucket, the elements were present, just not "doing" anything. Then the Spirit comes and broods over these elements in the abyss, stirs them up, and starts the formation of everything. Then in verse 3 God speaks, "Let there be light" but this isn't the sun (that's day 4) but the energy of everything. Scientists who have been able to get past the quarks and muons say there's "wisps of energy" there and that all give off ultra low light. That even every living cell communicates one with the other via this light. They call it biophotons. Anyhow, I don't believe from these verses that the earth was a floating ball of water as some have suggested, but the "water" being the elements in space. The thing that bugs the scientist is that they don't know what's holding the light, and thereby the atom, together... hehehe It's Jesus!

Colossians 1:16-17 (KJV) "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

Proverbs 25:2 (KJV) "[It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter."

I hope you liked this.

Last edited:
That response is interesting, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I want to know if my basic understnding of the 7 days of creation are correct.

I'm new to this forum, and want to know if my understanding of creation is correct. My understanding of the creation of heaven, earth and all of creation is the following:

Day 1: Day and night
Day 2: Heaven
Day 3: Earth, seas, grass, and trees
Day 4: Seasons, days, years, sun, moon, and stars
Day 5: Sea creatures and all winged creatures of the sky - e.g. - birds.
Day 6: Cattle, "creeping things", and all animals not created yet, including man and woman.
Day 7: Rest

Feedback?

That is what the Scriptures say.

That response is interesting, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I want to know if my basic understnding of the 7 days of creation are correct.

You have the chronological order of the natural realm correct.
We live in dual (two) realms: the spiritual, and the natural realms. What took place on the first day of creation of the natural realm, is also symbolic of what took place in the spiritual realm.
God spoke, "Let there be light." This was not the natural light, but the light that "...lights every man that comes in to world."
It was the light that was sent to govern the spiritual life of those who should be saved: it's called grace.
God, who knew man would sin, would not create man without first establishing the means of his redemption. That is why God created man last!

Hi Dew,

What you have posted is not completely accurate, but that's okay, we forgive ya.,

We first read God created the universe.

Day 1 He tells us the condition of the earth (it wasn't created during the 7 day account of creation, it already existed), then He spoke the Divine fiat. "Let there be Light," and the Light divided the darkness and He call them evening and morning.
Day 2 The earth was covered with water so God divided the water, some of the water remained on the surface of the planet and some of the water rose to form a water canopy, an envelope so to speak, kind of like a ball inside of a balloon.
Day 3 God caused the dry land to appear and planted it with strawberries and peaches and other fruit and veggies.
Day 4 God created the Sun and the Moon, which gives us what we call day and night.
Day 5 God created yummie tuna and other sea life along with the birds.
Day 6 God created chickens (which are yummie too) and all of the other critters we have on the planet and finally man.
Day 7 God rested.

Now if you are interested we can show you the Gospel in the first day.

Blessings,

Gene

Back