What do you think about this?

I was just thinking about Jonah and what Jonah 3:1 says. Which is:
"Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the second time". LOL

If you have kids you know the statement that goes something like,
"I have told you 3 times to clean your room", etc. But, after all that
Jonah endured trying to escape God's plan by chapter 3 he had only
gotten to God told him the second time.

Three used to denote the end of a matter throughout the Bible .

Yes children you have to remind them why they are in trouble. . . now arise and “think” or strike three you’re out .. Jonas went reluctant and wanted to die. He knew God was a God of mercy and that he was empowered at the hearing of faith (born again) but he hated his neighbor in his heart. It would seem he was learning what it means to suffer. All mankind suffers but we can suffer for doing what is according the truth of God as he suffers with us. Or we can suffer against Him. One is usually shorter than the other. If we suffer for the unseen things of God it is the lesser.

It’s interesting that Jonas is said to be the last sign as a wonder that was fulfilled when Jesus came two parables as parallels.

Matthew 12:39But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Matthew 12:40For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Three days in the hearts of the earth is saying the same kind of suffering, three days in hell, the belly of the Whale .Two parables working as one teaching tool .

One thing I have noticed (Jonas) did the will of the father working in him “reluctantly” while Jesus it was “delight” to do the will of his unseen father. I would offer because the Father that works in us to both will and empower us to do His good pleasure we are given Jesus as the sign of our encouragement .

As the first born of the brethren Jesus the Son of man replied; not as I will but as the will of the Father.

In Mathew 4 the heavenly father delivers the son from the false vision. ( I will give you all the kingdoms of the world and all the glory). Jesus did not suffer for doing the will of another .The father gave Jesus words to rebuke the father of lies. Three times as it is written and again, and again as it is written .struck him out returned to the bottomless dugout end of that season.

I was just thinking about Jonah and what Jonah 3:1 says. Which is:
"Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the second time". LOL

If you have kids you know the statement that goes something like,
"I have told you 3 times to clean your room", etc. But, after all that
Jonah endured trying to escape God's plan by chapter 3 he had only
gotten to God told him the second time.

Well, Servant Man......it says to me that God is a God of the 2nd chance.........and the 3rd and the 4th and so on and so on.

I was given more chances than I can remember! God is long suffering and patient.

Now.....as for me, when I told the kids to wash the dog, clean out the garage and take out the trash. I did not wait anf give them those chances because if THEY had not done those things my wife would have made me do them.

Well, Servant Man......it says to me that God is a God of the 2nd chance.........and the 3rd and the 4th and so on and so on.

I was given more chances than I can remember! God is long suffering and patient.

Now.....as for me, when I told the kids to wash the dog, clean out the garage and take out the trash. I did not wait anf give them those chances because if THEY had not done those things my wife would have made me do them.
Yes, God is a God of second chances and we should be
too. We shouldn't provoke our children or others to anger.
We can be both righteous and merciful.

CFS STAFF WARNING:

It is about time that primary participants in this thread, and a few other threads, start acting like Christians. Personality conflicts are always based upon Rules issues and this is no exception.

This thread and some others are being halted to give participants time to THINK about how things are going and how things actually SHOULD be.

Any more bickering in the open or in Private Messaging will result in Warning Points issued and at the very least, 7 days away from CFS.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back