Nasb

Look if you don't believe in this gift or the way some understand it, that does not mean the KJV is correct in translation. I happen to have this gift and see no problem with the KJV translation on this issue in fact it very much upholds the nature of the gift as a "unknown" tongue. So you have not made a point, that I can see?

Ask Jesus at that throne of grace then.

Correct him on what? He has not displayed any error of the scriptures? He only used a common term, that is well understood in Christian circles. The only fault you think you see is that he does not hold your faith in this "work of man" and as always you KJV folks attempt to question the salvation of any who dare to question this "translation".

I stated "if" correction was necessary or warranted depending on his clarification of what he had meant about rededicating his life to Christ because that common term can be used in an apostate way.

Well you may not put yourself in this group, but I ask you to consider that you may be using some of these same "UNGODLY" tactics to defend what "you" believe to be Gods Word. Now please act and treat others the way the book says, in any translation. You would not want someone questioning your faith for having a sincere view on questionable things. If you try to say you was not? Then I ask you to search your heart and ask the Lord, in the sincerity that I see in some of your post.

Here is what scripture says:

Proverbs 27:17Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Galatians 4:16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Seeing how this is an argument on your end rather than a discussion, I shall discontinue.

I stated "if" correction was necessary or warranted depending on his clarification of what he had meant about rededicating his life to Christ because that common term can be used in an apostate way.
Who are you, to assume that he is in some form of apostasy? Or to question him as if he needs your approval? He had no hint of apostasy in any of his post on this thread, or any others that I have read on any other thread. What you where doing is very common with the KJV crowd, if someone disagrees with this cult-like group, begin to question there right standing with the Lord. Make some accusation against those who disagree, and pretend as if you are the judge of what is true? You should "ask the Lord" about this sort of ungodly behavior toward your brother in Christ.

Here is what scripture says:

Proverbs 27:17Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Galatians 4:16Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Seeing how this is an argument on your end rather than a discussion, I shall discontinue.
Good then I assume I have not become your enemy, in telling you the truth about the text or your behavior towards this sincere bother in Christ who like many of us refuse to accept the propaganda of the KJV religion.

Good then I assume I have not become your enemy, in telling you the truth about the text or your behavior towards this sincere bother in Christ who like many of us refuse to accept the propaganda of the KJV religion.

I was keeping to topic. You were not.

Ah.. no, you where questioning the faith of another sincere brother who does not go along with the KJV only propaganda.

In relations to the NASB, & his testimony which was not solely derived from the NASB in his walk with the Lord, I had asked for clarification of what he had meant about rededicating his life to the Lord. I gave examples of just cause for my concern & the necessity to clarify his faith more because of it, but you guys did a song & dance around it, with your anti-KJVonly propaganda.

Had he explained more, showing verses that validates that Christ had asked him to dedicate or even rededicate his life to the Lord and thus inferring his walk with the Lord to be by faith, then I would not have a problem, and my attempt to show how modern Bibles can influence us in the wrong way in our walk with the Lord would fall flat in showing why we need to rely on the KJV.

But... because of you whooping it up like that, he backed off of the topic entirely. I reckon you guys cannot find any scripture to validate this "dedication" or " rededication" to the Lord in the NT.

It is too bad that you guys could not stick to the topic in discussing it so that either you guys will be learn or I will in this point of edification.

But that is okay. I have to take some of the blame for how this discussion ( a mutual exchange of information & edification ) had turned into an argument. I did not want it to be a biting & devouring event so I am dropping the discussion until such a time you or someone else cares to pick it up without arguing about it.

In relations to the NASB, & his testimony which was not solely derived from the NASB in his walk with the Lord, I had asked for clarification of what he had meant about rededicating his life to the Lord. I gave examples of just cause for my concern & the necessity to clarify his faith more because of it, but you guys did a song & dance around it, with your anti-KJVonly propaganda.

Had he explained more, showing verses that validates that Christ had asked him to dedicate or even rededicate his life to the Lord and thus inferring his walk with the Lord to be by faith, then I would not have a problem, and my attempt to show how modern Bibles can influence us in the wrong way in our walk with the Lord would fall flat in showing why we need to rely on the KJV.

But... because of you whooping it up like that, he backed off of the topic entirely. I reckon you guys cannot find any scripture to validate this "dedication" or " rededication" to the Lord in the NT.

It is too bad that you guys could not stick to the topic in discussing it so that either you guys will be learn or I will in this point of edification.

But that is okay. I have to take some of the blame for how this discussion ( a mutual exchange of information & edification ) had turned into an argument. I did not want it to be a biting & devouring event so I am dropping the discussion until such a time you or someone else cares to pick it up without arguing about it.
Thought you was trying to stay on the topic? :confused:

Thought you was trying to stay on the topic? :confused:

Well, as any discussion progresses with side bar topics, if he had continued to clarify his testimony, I would have shown by the grace of God why we should rely on the KJV & not the NASB.

The original post did not really start a topic but was just making a funny remark. The topic I had replied to was actually a side bar topic.

Well, as any discussion progresses with side bar topics, if he had continued to clarify his testimony, I would have shown by the grace of God why we should rely on the KJV & not the NASB.

The original post did not really start a topic but was just making a funny remark. The topic I had replied to was actually a side bar topic.
Two post ago you did not want to discuss your ungodly behavior towards another believer? You said you wanted to stay on the topic?:eek: And nobody is buying what you are trying to sell with the KJV propaganda. If you say the translation in the KJV is better than the NASB? Then I might even agree? I have not used or studied the NASB. I study the Greek and that being the Oldest text that are 1000 years older than those used to translate the KJV.

Back