Natural Disasters

I'm not really sure if this is the right sub forum to discuss this topic but what I wanted to know is that are natural disasters such as; Floods, Tsnaumis, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Cyclones, Tornados etc all part of God's wrath? And are these signs of the End Times?

Hi, Alison - Please remember that the occurrences that you have listed have been taking place on earth for countless millions of years - even from well before humans were created in Genesis 1. We can look to the Science of Geology to unlock the past surface and sub surface happenings on earth and their time lines to see that "natural" events on earth are a part of it's development, movement, tectonics and it's changing state due to the manner in which the molten core behaves.

There is also a good analysis of your question located in the link below. This link has been tested by the staff at CFS and has no security issues and has a copyright waiver posted as such:

"Copyright Policy: While all of the material on the CompellingTruth.org website is under copyright protection, the only purpose of our copyright is to make sure people copy it right. As long as you always clearly reference and/or link to www.compellingtruth.org as the source of the material, you have our permission to copy, print, and distribute our material. "

LINK: https://www.compellingtruth.org/God-allow-natural-disasters.html

We hope that this assists you in your overall understanding of "why" and "how".

I'm not really sure if this is the right sub forum to discuss this topic but what I wanted to know is that are natural disasters such as; Floods, Tsnaumis, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Cyclones, Tornados etc all part of God's wrath? And are these signs of the End Times?

Allison, please consider Colossians 1:16-17...………
"For by him (Christ) all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

So then, the question must then be, Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

In the same way that the Lord allows evil people to do evil things, He also allows the earth to show the results of sin on His Creation.

Rom. 8:19-21 says...…………..
“The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.”

IMO, the sin that effect the earth from the fall of man also affected the entire creation of the universe.
We live in a world that is under the judgment of God and it is decaying more and more every day.
"Sin" is the cause of these things we call natural disasters and rememeber that the Bible says that sin will be judged and the wages of sin is death.

Then also, there is the element of "Stupidity" involved. When a man lives at the bottom of a volcano thinking that nothing will happen, that is mans stupidity.

I have been to New Orleans and looked up and seen the Mississippi River above my head. Then those who choose to live there as if nothing is going to happen to them is mans stupidity.

Same with those who live on an earthquake fault line. Just plain stupidity.

Proverbs 12:15...……..
"Stupid people always think they are right. Wise people listen to advice."

We are in season of grace... and the bible says that all destruction comes from the evil one. There is a curse on the earth because of the first sin where man turned his allegiance and dominion over to satan. Now that the earth is old and getting near the end of its life... it's exhibiting signs of being worn out.

Something else to remember is that when there is destruction of any kind (stealing, killing, or destroying) it's not God who brings about the destruction, but the destruction manifests because of man's disobedience to God's Ways and that opens the doors to give the enemy right and authority to steal, kill and destroy. And if someone is walking in rebellion or in the ways of the enemy... until they repent, the enemy will not listen to them when they tell them to flee because they essentially are on the same side as the enemy until they mke the choice to follow Gods ways and Word.

Blessings

Good question alison,
I know The Flood was definitely part of Gods wrath. And also part of Gods redemption when he saved Noah and all the animals on that ark.

tsunamis - well when Jesus was in the boat on the sea of galilee a big storm came up but guess what he slept right through it. Sometimes I think these storms in our lives are to test our faith.

Earthquake...when The israelites were in the wilderness and complained and disobeyed God, the ground fell out beneath them and thousands got swallowed up.

Hurricanes, cyclones and tornados. God wasnt in any of these. He was in the still small voice that spoke to Elijah.

You forgot volcanoes. When sodom and gomorroah were under judgment, fire rained down from heaven.
In the ten plagues, there were hailstorms and darkness, locusts, and frogs, etc.

Many severe weather patterns can be linked right back to US humans sinning, because we destroy the delicate balance of creation that God provided for us. But its not a case of one person sins so that the next day they get bad weather, its more of a collective thing sometimes over many years. For example, when we destroy the forest that provides the earth with oxygen etc...the soil gets eroded by wind, theres les rain, there are consequences for that. Theres deserts in places that used to be fertile - because of bad stewardship of the land.

It does rain on both the righteous and unrighteous though...but the thing is if Jesus can sleep through a storm then we can be calm in the face of disaster.

Good question alison,
I know The Flood was definitely part of Gods wrath. And also part of Gods redemption when he saved Noah and all the animals on that ark.

tsunamis - well when Jesus was in the boat on the sea of galilee a big storm came up but guess what he slept right through it. Sometimes I think these storms in our lives are to test our faith.

Earthquake...when The israelites were in the wilderness and complained and disobeyed God, the ground fell out beneath them and thousands got swallowed up.

Hurricanes, cyclones and tornados. God wasnt in any of these. He was in the still small voice that spoke to Elijah.

You forgot volcanoes. When sodom and gomorroah were under judgment, fire rained down from heaven.
In the ten plagues, there were hailstorms and darkness, locusts, and frogs, etc.

Many severe weather patterns can be linked right back to US humans sinning, because we destroy the delicate balance of creation that God provided for us. But its not a case of one person sins so that the next day they get bad weather, its more of a collective thing sometimes over many years. For example, when we destroy the forest that provides the earth with oxygen etc...the soil gets eroded by wind, theres les rain, there are consequences for that. Theres deserts in places that used to be fertile - because of bad stewardship of the land.

It does rain on both the righteous and unrighteous though...but the thing is if Jesus can sleep through a storm then we can be calm in the face of disaster.

I like your last sentence. I am sure I plan on using that at some point.. lol It's a good reminder to me to be calm.. thanks, Lanolin.

I like your questions Alison. You ask great questions. The weather is a wonder, isn't it? I love nature of all kind from animals to land to oceans, etc.
It relaxes me and reminds me of God. Being near the water and heavy winds is relaxing for me. It's as if I can hear creation speaking to God.

Hill Song United has a new song. I hope you will find it and listen to it. It's called So Will I. It's about the God of Creation.

the below is one piece of the words.

If the stars were made to worship so will I
If the mountains bow in reverence so will I
If the oceans roar Your greatness so will I
For if everything exists to lift You high so will I
If the wind goes where You send it so will I
If the rocks cry out in silence so will I
If the sum of all our praises still falls shy
Then we’ll sing again a hundred billion times

I naturally love the weather. I like rain and thunderstorms, ocean waves raging high, the sun beaming down and warming me up. It draws me near to HIM and I feel so much closer to God. That may sound stupid and I am certainly not a new age person who worships creation over God, but I most certainly respect it and I do believe with all my heart God created the earth to worship him, too, not just humans. When man sinned it affected creation along with humans. The Word of God says the earth cries out. Now, when I see the weather patterns or crazy things, I wonder.. what is creation crying out to her Father God and creator? I no longer see it the same. I see creation as alive and worships God along with us. Really shows the power and love of God to me.

You posted a great thread.

They are signs of the side effects of the sin of Eden--- they are a result of human caused imbalances in the earth system by various means of "destroying the earth" as in Revelation 11:15-18. Not that God cannot use such things, but at this time under Satan's rule it is Satan who uses such things to attempt to get people, as he did Job, to start to take issue with and blame God--- essentially to attack human FAITH (Rev14:12). Jesus calmed storms, yes God caused a small earthquake as a sign when Christ died, but Jesus will calm ALL THE STORMS soon. God does not use misery in this world, Satan does.

When the 1000 Year reign, (but a million miles high and wide) comes, all these destructive forces exacerbated by human and demon mismanagement of Earth will cease. Jesus knew this, so yes his saying "earthquakes in one place after another" is because he knew human activities, such as massively heavy cities on tectonic plates, would have these effects as the massiveness of these things grew over time, not to mention HAARP technology aided manmade earthquakes.

So, that form of "natural disaster" increased frequency is a feature in the sign of the last days. All the rivals have to do now is complete a world government "8th King" and that will trigger Christ arrival to settle this sovereign dispute permanently. That takes several more years and Revelation 13:3 and Revelation 17:8-18 and Daniel 11:41-45 to fulfill as it completes the Revelation 17 Scarlet Wildbeast "8th King" aka King North of Bible prophecy IN THE FUTURE.

As in Romans 13 since Genesis 10, God is who founded the nations and their governments for a season, He has no problem with their sovereign rule in general, of course they are imperfect, but a little law is better than none.

BUT God did NOT sanction a human/demon based World Government, that will cross the line [in the future] because God already has a King in Christ and his Messianic Kingdom to rule this Earth (Ps2): we do not need bankers, politicians and warlords to help run the Kingdom of Christ. So, when they do come as 8th King World Government [in the future] Christ will be the first to fire them, but he will do that Global Sheep Sweep of Matthew 24:31 BEFORE he deposes his sovereign rival. We have time, not much, but enough, my GUESS is world government by 2030 after 1 more "sword stroke" world war as Revelation 13:3, just my speculation.

Good day in Jesus Christ the King God has appointed for very good reason to take over this planet come the time they cross that line in the sand.

Back