Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

I was just reading the end of Daniel 4 . It ends with Nebuchadnezzar regaining his sanity after God humbled him and made him live like a wild animal. When he regained his sanity, he recognized God as Lord and exalted Him as King of heaven.

Now, the question I have is, did Nebuchadnezzar end his life with a relationship with God? The text ends with him praising God as Lord but that's it. I see that as Nebuchadnezzar being redeemed. Is there any other texts that go into more detail on Nebuchadnezzar? Just wondering.

Acts 17:29-31
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

The Bible doesn't say more about Nebuchadnezzar. We don't know explicity why God humbled him, as a means to his salvation, or as revelation on how he controls rulers.

Israelites were saved under a covenant that required blood shed for sin, in anticipation of Christ. But the above verse from Acts seems to indicate salvation may have occurred for others as well in ancient times, who did not have access to revelational knowledge. There was the preaching of Jonah to the Assyrians as a possible indication of this. We might be surprized who we find in heaven when we get there.

M Paul

That's really true, too. But I'm afraid that there will be many who haven't learned to get along with other Christians, who are going to have to spend eternity with people they just couldn't "take" here on earth. My prayer is that Christians will take Jesus' words to heart:
John 13:35 (New International Version)

35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Back