Hello!

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

I'm new here and have only been a Christian for over 3 years now and I've been trying to get my hands on anything related to the Christian faith - particularly the protestantism/evangelical/born again faith - and recently I came across an app in Google Play called, ...Play The Bible...It's a cool game and is on par with top notched mobile games that I have played before and the game lets you solve a word puzzle which once you're able to solve it, it shows a Bible passage. Now I'm an active member of our evangelical outreach team and I'm truly enthusiastic about using this mobile app to help share the Gospel. I've talked to our pastors and elders and they seem positive about the idea and we're going to try to do our first evangelistic outreach that uses modern technology to help people know about God's salvation. Anyway, I just wanted to know your opinion my brothers and sisters in Christ as I thought that I might get some insight about this endeavor.

I hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology hmm let's think about this.
Is modern day technology a good platform to use within a ministry?

Well if it were not for modern technology you would not be here reading this.
So anything that goes along within the working of this modern technology would be a good thing.

Phillipians 1:18 is the answer given out of a discussion of those who preach out of unpure hearts or motives compared to those with pure hearts and motives

18. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

So no matter if the builder of the app is out for money or fame or reputation or just wants to get God's Word out......
If it is true and God's Word then it is a Good Thing and a good tool to use.

I hope this helps
Blessingsome
FCJ

I used an app called the Big Little Bible for children its just an illustrated Bible in e-book format, to share the gospel, whatever reaches people, whether its an actual book or one that can go on your ipad, God will give you the tools for His purposes.

I havent heard of this Play the Bible though? It sounds quite simple which is good because theres a lot of computer games that makes things more complicated than necessary and I would get bored of it real fast.

Back