Need Some Godly Advice

Yes, I do believe we need someone to encourage us in our walk and I'm not giving up on finding a church, like I said, it's just hard for my wife and and myself to find one. But back to the topic of conversation...What action should I take with my wife regarding her witnessing with the same group? Should I let her or have her find another group with more women? I want to make sure I do the right thing because she feels like God has called her to witness and also to preach. Thanks!

If this group includes the same person she felt an attraction too...No.

I think it would be prudent; you as her husband accompany her on her outreach ministry. The two of you as Christians should be formidable enough to to your own door to door and visitation as well.....

I guess what my best advice would be is to do what the Bible says and seek good counsel.

You ultimately will decide what to do according to the dictates of your own conscience.

May the LORD give you wisdom and understanding in this. God bless you.

Yes, I do believe we need someone to encourage us in our walk and I'm not giving up on finding a church, like I said, it's just hard for my wife and and myself to find one. But back to the topic of conversation...What action should I take with my wife regarding her witnessing with the same group? Should I let her or have her find another group with more women? I want to make sure I do the right thing because she feels like God has called her to witness and also to preach. Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out what your concern is. Is it that you think the pastor of this church is teaching outside of Christian practice or is it that you are concerned about your wife's attraction to this guy leading the group?

Hi, I'm just going straight to the point with this.

Basically what happened was the past couple of months, my wife had been going out witnessing with a group she found locally. She felt like God was leading her to do this. Which I was so happy for her! Everything was going great till a month ago, she had an episode where she felt drawn to one of the guy preaching in her group. Long story short, she started to feel an emotional connection with him and didn't know how to stop it. The guy she had that connection with respectfully stayed clear from her till she got right back with God and repent. My question is...Is it ok for her to go back and witness with the same group knowing that guy is there? I don't want to stop her from doing what The Lord has called her to do. Plus it seems like all the people that are out preaching and witnessing are more male than female. She even prayed that she would find a woman to go out and witness with so it's not to ackward for her and myself. So again, do u think its ok for her to go back to same group or not? Thanks in advance !!
If she wants to go, let her, but YOU go with her. You should have gone with her. You're one flesh in God's eye, don't allow the devil to put you on two different paths.

Jay03r, as I read through your comments, I have posted certain sections in order and replied to them. As I believe you have been transparent re: your situation, I also will be very straightforward with you.

Basically what happened was the past couple of months, my wife had been going out witnessing with a group she found locally. She felt like God was leading her to do this.
Maybe it was God leading her -- maybe not. Did YOU, as your wife’s cover/head, ask the Lord?

Which I was so happy for her!
Are we (wo)men-pleasers, or God-pleasers? God comes first.

So again, do u think its ok for her to go back to same group or not?
What WE in this forum think is far, far down the list of your accountability. Rather, again, have YOU, as your wife’s cover/head, asked the Lord?

It was her idea not to witness/preach for a while till she gets right with God and repent of her sin.
The woman is the weaker vessel. Her “idea” needs to be in alignment with YOUR “idea” as per God.

Of course my heart trust her and want her to do what a God has called her to do.
That’s the question: Is it God who has called her to do that, or someone else...? Back to you, as her cover/head...

I’m just not too sure about her going back with the same group. That's my issue and I feel bad because it took her a long time to find a group of believers that has the same values and beliefs that she does.
It’s never too late to do the right thing. Yesterday is gone; tomorrow never arrives; all you have is NOW. So do the right thing, NOW: talk to the King.

We have not attend church for over a year now for personal reason. Our walk with God has actually grew and blossom more after we decided to stop going to our last church.
And don’t let anyone else try to convince you otherwise. It’s been the same for my family. Evangelical Christianity with its “church” is in freefall. Rather follow the Lord’s guidance.

I know God called her to out to preach and witness to the unsaved.
Did God tell you that? Did he also tell you his timing? Have you ASKED him about it?

I just feel like it would be wrong of me to stand in the middle of her and Gods will for her life...
You are not ordained to be “in the middle.” You are her head, her cover, her protection. At times, you may have to make decisions that are not pleasing to your wife. Your standing in Christ is not determined via a popularity contest, so forget about competing!

Even when the church preaches on false doctrine/Gospel such as health and wealth, all about me type sermon. Where there is no preaching of repentance, seeking God through His word and sermons on hell?
AMEN, brother! Without repentance and seeking his face, this whole show will end terribly. This is a new day, brother! Start now by repenting to the King. Tell him you mucked up, you didn’t get it right, and you now lay it all down before him in repentance. HE WILL RESTORE!

It's not that I'm anti church, it's just difficult to actually find a good one in our American culture.
Indeed! But remember that the “church” is simply the body of believers, it is an assembly of believers -- not a building, not a tax-exempt corporation, not a hierarchy. DO NOT LOOK TO THE ESTABLISHMENT CHURCHES FOR LEGITIMACY.

...wife knows her place in our marriage and in Gods eyes. She isn't one of those equal, feminist type person. She just have a heart for the lost and wants to find a way to help further the gospel and be a good witness.
...and it is YOUR role as her cover/head to GUIDE your wife as GOD (no one else) so directs you.

Is it wrong for her to go out and witness just because she is a woman?
Of course not. But it IS “wrong for her to go out” if the Lord has not sanctioned that! Again, back to you as the head...

Yes, I do believe we need someone to encourage us in our walk and I'm not giving up on finding a church, like I said, it's just hard for my wife and and myself to find one.
Absolutely.

But back to the topic of conversation...What action should I take with my wife regarding her witnessing with the same group? Should I let her or have her find another group with more women? I want to make sure I do the right thing because she feels like God has called her to witness and also to preach. Thanks!
Prayer, repentance, the laying down of everything on the altar, before the Lord. NOTHING ELSE will bear Godly fruit.

Although you may not see it as such at the moment, this is a most exciting time. It’s time to embrace your high calling, brother. It’s time to walk the talk of faith. Godspeed!

Hi, I'm just going straight to the point with this.

Basically what happened was the past couple of months, my wife had been going out witnessing with a group she found locally. She felt like God was leading her to do this. Which I was so happy for her! Everything was going great till a month ago, she had an episode where she felt drawn to one of the guy preaching in her group. Long story short, she started to feel an emotional connection with him and didn't know how to stop it. The guy she had that connection with respectfully stayed clear from her till she got right back with God and repent. My question is...Is it ok for her to go back and witness with the same group knowing that guy is there? I don't want to stop her from doing what The Lord has called her to do. Plus it seems like all the people that are out preaching and witnessing are more male than female. She even prayed that she would find a woman to go out and witness with so it's not to ackward for her and myself. So again, do u think its ok for her to go back to same group or not? Thanks in advance !!

Why don't you go and with her?

in Christ
gerald

Hello and sorry for not responding back. Been busy this past couple of days. But I do appreciate all the help and Godly advice from the forum. Yes, I do believe I must accompany her to her outreach so I can be a cover for her. I need to be stronger as a spiritual leader and I also want to make an effort into witnessing. I always felt like it wasn't my calling. But since I became more serious with my walk, I feel like its necessary for all believers to share the good news. I am praying that I will find a good church that I can grow and be a part of. Thanks again for all the support...God bless!

Need Some Godly Advice!

Don't spiritualize this to much. You just need to think logically.

I suspect she was either 1. alone at some point with the other guy and they were innocently sharing scripture or 2. she fell for the alpha male preacher type. Both equal naïve and immature. Alone sharing scripture with opposite sex = big temptation = Christianity 101.

Then the outreach thing = :rolleyes:. Sounds more like attention seeking. God places her in a work place with people that need her. After hours = family time or joint missionary work as others have said.

Have you got kids? I wouldn't rush to them if not.

Ok, now I'm worried!! I thought everything was going great with my wife and I till recently I found out that she still have an emotional feelings for the guy. I stumbled upon her YouTube account and found out that she has been listening to songs about still having feelings for the guy. Her last song that she listened too, was a song about a girl secretly hiding her feelings and couldn't tell the other person how much he makes her happy. Another song was about loving you forever. I was so sad to see this and now I don't know what to do. Do I confront her and ask her what going on? I am so broken and confuse right now...

I am sorry for your troubles and will pray for you. I mentioned in an earlier post that your wife has unresolved issues and I meant that. Don't confront/accuse but sit down and talk with her with a 3rd party (possibly) to keep things organized in an emotional discussion. There are some real positive points in your situation as you have posted. Nothing has "gone too far" and your lucky she approached a believer who practiced what he witnesses. Unless you talk this out and resolve it - next time you might not be so lucky.

Thank
I am sorry for your troubles and will pray for you. I mentioned in an earlier post that your wife has unresolved issues and I meant that. Don't confront/accuse but sit down and talk with her with a 3rd party (possibly) to keep things organized in an emotional discussion. There are some real positive points in your situation as you have posted. Nothing has "gone too far" and your lucky she approached a believer who practiced what he witnesses. Unless you talk this out and resolve it - next time you might not be so lucky.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, I am going to try and get a third party involve. Hopefully it's not too late and we can fix this. Please pray for me

Sorry... But That's a lie from the pit of hell! You are allowing satan to have a foothold in your life & marriage. It has been over a year since you have been to church and you have not been able to find a new one in over 12 months! That is over 52 weekend Services, not counting weekday services, that you could have attended a service in 52 different churches! And you obviously do not know your wife like you think! She is very capable of being mislead by the wiles of the devil. Don't under estimate him he is a worthy opponent and apparently has an eye on your wife and without being plugged into a church to be fed the word and have fellowship with the brethren you both have become weak!! Maybe this is a test for both of you, she failed hers but maybe you are being tested to stand up as the spiritual leader of your household! Who cares if she loses the group she preaches with if it saves her soul! Something is not right here! Feel bad all you want, you will get over it when it's all said and done! Why are you not out there side by side witnessing WITH her after all you two have become one!

Absolutely, there should be no question or even a discussion about it, she should never go out again alone without you and not until you two have restored your marriage and your walks with the Lord to where you have fallen from! Please don't say your marriage doesn't need restored or she love this group so much, you both have blinders on if you think anything other than this is a trap! I have seen this scenario quit a few times and it always ends the same when godly counsel is ignored.
Disobiedences = consequences! You are setting your wife up to fail if you allow this to continue and God will hold you accountable!

Ok, now I'm worried!! I thought everything was going great with my wife and I till recently I found out that she still have an emotional feelings for the guy. I stumbled upon her YouTube account and found out that she has been listening to songs about still having feelings for the guy. Her last song that she listened too, was a song about a girl secretly hiding her feelings and couldn't tell the other person how much he makes her happy. Another song was about loving you forever. I was so sad to see this and now I don't know what to do. Do I confront her and ask her what going on? I am so broken and confuse right now...
Marriage isn't about getting married, but winning the heart of the one you love over and over. Win her back. Replace those "lost" memories with better ones so she'll forget this guy. Swallow your pride and bend over backwards for her. Win her back.

It's no different than with God. So many think they can read a bible passage a day, pray a familiar prayer, attend church on Sunday, and call it a relationship, only for the Lord one day say "I never knew you." It takes a LOT of work to maintain a relationship.

do you have kids?

Back