Need some help :]

Need some help :]

Lately I've been reading alot about the Anti-Christ and the end times and pretty much Revelations. And it's starting to get me worried because all that's being prophesied is starting to be fulfilled today! The problem is is that I'm a Christian which means I should be looking forward to seeing Jesus come a second time, right? I know I should live day by day but knowing that there are chances of seeing he Rapture in my lifetime always plays at the back of my mind. I feel bad because I should be looking forward to Jesus' second coming!

Is this normal?

Thanks

Hey, Cube!
Wooden_welcome.gif
to the forum! Its normal to feel this way, but it can be overcome! By learning all you can about the nature of God, and how faithful He is to protect and provide for His children, you gain a trust in Him that wont be shaken by the events that are unfolding before us.
Bless you!
kissingteddy.gif

Welcome to CFS Cube! If you live your life like God is with you every moment then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. There is no stiuation you will face where He will not make a way for you. When He comes that will be great, but in the mean time He is right here with us in the form of His wonderful Holy Spirit.

Cube,

Dude, I could easily have written the same thing not long ago. It's like you stole the words out of the past me's mouth!

As your brother in Christ and your friend I say to you: STAY on this site, it's great! Read scriptures like mad. Read advices that others are given. Grow in the Holy Spirit. I've been doing that lately and I literally get high off of it. And then I just keep reading, growing, and worshiping God.

The things you learn from your Spiritual journey are always right. even if it's hard to see, you just have to have patience. I had to make many mistakes before the things I learned became clear, but now that they are...Just..... wow........wow.

Basically what I'm trying to say about your original post, is that God will take that fear away from you easily and completely, I'm tellin ya man! Just ask him to. And very important, give time to him to do that. Believe me, I'm high right now! Wooot! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If worrying and being fearful is normal, then maybe I'm the one that's not normal since I have absolutely NO fear about the future and no worries. God holds the future and me in His hands. As of this May 18 I've walked with the Lord for 45 years, and I'm too near home to let anything worry me.

Jesus promised his deciples they'd be completely fearless and obsurdly happy.

If you're not quite there yet maybe you have some sin/ bad intentions that you must completely turn from? Keep reading the Word and live for love and truth. Be selfless.

He will bless you with the knowledge and whatnot that you need to be fearless. And I always say: Once you realize that you CAN really be fearless, you can't help but be obsurdly happy!

This comes with knowledge of how insignificant the physical world and your little posessions really are.

Mark

Just realized I already replied up there^ The threads kinda old, but you never know who may need this and new views are always good.

In the early Church and in Revelations, the "anti-Christ" is not singular, but plural. An anti-Christ is anyone who goes against Christ; liars, distorters of the faith, etc. Not a singular being which we all should dread. We neither know the day nor the hour, so we should be watchful, and make sure we do not fall away from the Truth and become anti-Christs.

In the early Church and in Revelations, the "anti-Christ" is not singular, but plural. An anti-Christ is anyone who goes against Christ; liars, distorters of the faith, etc. Not a singular being which we all should dread. We neither know the day nor the hour, so we should be watchful, and make sure we do not fall away from the Truth and become anti-Christs.
Indeed. There are many anti-Christs and there is one anti-Christ- all who oppose the will of God could be considered anti-Christ to one degree or another.

Hi all-

God will put it on each of His Children's hearts what to beconcerned with. God chooses at any particular time for each individual Child, what they ar to be concerned with.

There are always concerns we should be considering for improving in our relationship with God. It should be an on going growth we seek in our lives with God thru Christ.

I am not fearful, but am concerned about imperfections in myself I know need to be worked on, to become the Child God wants me to be for Him.

It will be Satan who brings fear to us that we are not good enough, rightceous enough, etc. But keep in mind, Jesus came, lived with us and died for us, even tho God declares none are worthy of Salvation. But by Grace, unearned, unmerited favor, God sacrificed Jesus to attone for our sins that we could come back into communion with our creator.

Thus, even tho unworthy, thru God's love for His creation, He provided a way we could return and be with Him forever, even with all our faults and sinful natures.

This is how and why we need to learn how to love God with all our being. For we can never pay back what God has done for us, yet all He asks is we live the best we can individually for Him as we learn to let Him have more control over our lives to be removed from Satan's bondages in this world.

God Bless!!

Jesus promised his deciples they'd be completely fearless and obsurdly happy.

If you're not quite there yet maybe you have some sin/ bad intentions that you must completely turn from? Keep reading the Word and live for love and truth. Be selfless.

He will bless you with the knowledge and whatnot that you need to be fearless. And I always say: Once you realize that you CAN really be fearless, you can't help but be obsurdly happy!

This comes with knowledge of how insignificant the physical world and your little posessions really are.

Mark

Just realized I already replied up there^ The threads kinda old, but you never know who may need this and new views are always good.

Hey Mark...:)
I am wondering where you found Jesus promising the disciples that they would be completely fearless and absurdly happy....
Not disputing you here just wondering where that is written!
I know He promised some things .....like if the world hated me it will hate you......and there will be persecutions......etc. but I don't remember reading anything that states that disciples will know no fear and be happy. If you mean when we go home (heaven) then cool......I understand what you mean!:)

Lately I've been reading alot about the Anti-Christ and the end times and pretty much Revelations. And it's starting to get me worried because all that's being prophesied is starting to be fulfilled today! The problem is is that I'm a Christian which means I should be looking forward to seeing Jesus come a second time, right? I know I should live day by day but knowing that there are chances of seeing he Rapture in my lifetime always plays at the back of my mind. I feel bad because I should be looking forward to Jesus' second coming!

Is this normal?

Thanks

Dear Cube,

First of all , I want to welcome you to this forum. You have come to the right place to get help , encouragement , prayer, and the Word of God.

thcartoon_54.gif

You have been given a lot of wonderful advice already and I can only say that if you are in Christ and have accepted Him as your Saviour .... you have nothing to fear. Fear comes from satan not Christ. He has not given us a spirit of fear but love and a sound mind.
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 25:12
Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD ? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.

Psalm 25:14
The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
Psalm 46:2
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
Psalm 91:5
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

If worrying and being fearful is normal, then maybe I'm the one that's not normal since I have absolutely NO fear about the future and no worries. God holds the future and me in His hands. As of this May 18 I've walked with the Lord for 45 years, and I'm too near home to let anything worry me.

I love it Jon - Mark. You are right . If you have your hand in the hand of the Lord ..... We have nothing to be fearful about . Praise His Name !!!!

GodBlessanim.gif

Right and we have to have discernment in these last days cause there are many false prophets and many jesuses but when we have our hope in the true and living Christ we stand upon His promises. Watch and pray for we know not when the hour or the day.:groupray::groupray:

I am wondering where you found Jesus promising the disciples that they would be completely fearless and absurdly happy....
I know He promised some things .....like if the world hated me it will hate you......and there will be persecutions......etc. but I don't remember reading anything that states that disciples will know no fear and be happy. If you mean when we go home (heaven) then cool......I understand what you mean!:)

You know what I think it was simply a quote (Not from the Bible) that was in the quotes thread on this forum. I'm guessing it's at least partially mentioned in the bible, but I don't know where...sorry...

"Jesus promised his disciples 3 things - that they would be completely fearless, absurdly happy, and in constant trouble."

Sorry I don't even know who the quote is by - Great ol helpful Mark hey? :D

You know what I think it was simply a quote (Not from the Bible) that was in the quotes thread on this forum. I'm guessing it's at least partially mentioned in the bible, but I don't know where...sorry...

"Jesus promised his disciples 3 things - that they would be completely fearless, absurdly happy, and in constant trouble."

Sorry I don't even know who the quote is by - Great ol helpful Mark hey? :D
It's not :rolleyes: He said that we would have nothing to fear, but to fear is only human. Without fear we don't need faith or trust.
For the OP:

We have nothing to fear because we will be raptured before the Wrath will be unleashed on an unbelieving world. If you have any doubt about the rapture read the story of Lot and Abraham. This story explains in detail, Gods heart on the faithfull and his faithfullness to save us from His divine wrath.

Just found this, and the advice here is really great!!
Trust me I felt like this less than a month ago! I was so scared of Jesus coming and me not going with him!
As you grow with Christ the fear will go. I have been feeling so close to God lately and I'm not scared anymore, sure i get creeped out sometimes but I know in my heart i'm with God and I'll be with him when he comes.
The fear is good because it means you care about not being with God. So use it!! Use it to grow closer to Him, and like everyone else said, this site is awesome, read the Bible, pray, worship, and listen to lots of Christian stuff.
Sorry, i know this thread is old but since its exactly how i used to feel I felt like I had to answer!! =)
So yeah, I hope everything's all ok, God bless.

While I cannot give a scripture with that particular promise it is evident that this is what occurred. The disciples cowered in fear behind locked doors. Jesus came to them and showed them that He had power over life and death- even them some still did not understand and some doubted. But then something marvelous happened- the day of Pentecost. At the outpouring of the Holy Spirit these timid people changed from scared little children to lions for Christ. This man Peter who denied Christ rather than suffer for Him (as history records) beseeching the Romans to crucify him upside down as he did not count himself worthy of the same death that Jesus faced. That the joy of the Lord became their strength there is no doubt. They found great satisfaction and joy in laying down their very lives for Jesus and oft went away rejoicing that they were worthy to be beaten for His Name. The disciples were know to sing as they were in imprisoned, tortured and killed and this was one of the things that brought many to Christ. As the Christians in the coliseum (spl?) used to sing as they were thrown to the lions- tonight we will be with Jesus in paradise and you will still be stuck here.

Matthew 3:11
"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Luke 3:16
John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one more powerful than I will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

As for the "anti-christ"- there are actually two types-

1- spoken of who will show up in numbers over time who are against God.

2- The anti-christ- (Beast- Rev. 13:1) who will lead the last Gentile rule over Isreal, but also the world.

the first ones denotes - "false christs",false apostles, false prophets", false preachers and teachers", etc. Hitler, Napolean, Ba'ahaula, Jim Jones, Charles Manson, Dolly Lama, plus many many more.

The second- II Thess. 2:3, will be a "one world Gov. Leader"- Rev.13:1-7, to get the whole world of unsaved to worship him vs 3 & 8.

God Bless!!

Back