need to find song

need to find song

A women in my wifes Group at church use to sing a song about a young child calling the operator to speak with God in heaven. I think its really old song. Has any one ever heard of it I told the lady I would try to find it for her.

Thank you
IN Christ
Len

This is not the song you are asking about, is it?

Operator
Words and Music: William Spivery © 1959 Conrad Music
Lead: Donna Craine
Lyrics:
Operator give me information, information
Give me long distance, long distance
Give me heaven (two, three)
Well operator (operator) information (information) give me Jesus (give me Jesus) on the line
Operator (operator) information (information) I’d like to speak to (let me speak to) a friend of mine (a friend of mine)
Oh prayer is the number, faith is the exchange
Heaven is the street and Jesus is the name
Operator (operator) information (information) please give me Jesus (give me Jesus) on the line
Operator (operator) information (information) well tell me why (tell me why it can be taking you so long)
Operator (operator) information (information) don’t try to tell me (don't try to tell me) what number to call (what number to call)
My momma used this number when I was very small
And every time she dialed it she always got the call
Operator (operator) information (information) please give me Jesus (give me Jesus) on the line
Operator (operator) information (information) please help me (please help me) if you can
Operator (operator) information (information) please connect me (please connect me) with the man (with the man)
Don’t worry ‘bout the money I will pay the charge
Just give me a private line I’m callin’ from the heart
Please give me Jesus (give me Jesus) on the line
Please give me Jesus (give me Jesus) on the line
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Justed E-mailed this song asked her if this was the song. waiting for reply will let you know.
Thanks
Len

Back