Need your help

God's_Child

Account Closed
Need your help

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

I need some of your help. How do you understand these verses?

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
(Jn.4:23,24)

These words tell us that we should worship God in the way He wants from us. I'd like to see the full sense/meaning of it. What does it mean to worship God in spirit and in truth?
Please, share your opinions with me.

Thank you! Let God bless everyone here!

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

I need some of your help. How do you understand these verses?

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
(Jn.4:23,24)

These words tell us that we should worship God in the way He wants from us. I'd like to see the full sense/meaning of it. What does it mean to worship God in spirit and in truth?
Please, share your opinions with me.

Thank you! Let God bless everyone here!

A little more context...

19"Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet. 20Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem." 21Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem [Temple]. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

Not many weeks later at Pentecost the Spirit was given; and those receiving it became the temple of God. Out of their innermost beings came rivers of living [flowing] water. The first Christians from then on worshiped God in the Spirit and in truth. Ref: Ananas & Sapphirawho did not, but lied to the Holy Spirit. Today we live in the Spirit of God and do not need to keep the letter of the law, but rather depend and walk with the Spirit.

Indeed true worship flows when our spirit is in communion with His Spirit- it is the Holy Spirit that empowers us , teaches us and helps us in every area of our existance-we must worship Him according to His truth ( His Word) and His Spirit moving us- trying to walk in truth without His continual infilling and guidance leads to legalism and phariseeism (I know I did not spell that right-LOL!) and such action will always find you far from His heart and intent.

Amen,:amen::goodpost: Brother Larry,

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

We have the Spirit of Truth already, now that we are Christians so the Lord wants and desires us to worship Him in the fullness of that truth because He is worthy of all our praise and honour.

I think the word worship could be another topic for discussion because of it's multifacitous meaning.

This woman brought to Jesus, once she believed him to be a prophet, the great debate between the Jews and the Samaritans. The Jews believed, and were right, that Jerusalem was the proper place of worship. The Samaritans believed in was in that mountain (can't think of the name). She asked him who was right. He told her "salvation was of the Jews" but also stressed the point in the verses you mentioned. He says that there is coming a day when where you worship is irrelevant. The lesson to be learned in worship is that we are sincere and right in how we worship.

Back