Neopaganism growing quickly

It's almost worse just reading the comments:

"I'm cool with the pagan thing...It's quite obvious there was a reason our Christmas and Easter fall on the Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox...."

Is that like my husband said once: "That's pretty cool that Jesus was born on Christmas Day!"

Yes, Jesus would have to be born on so called Christmas day because we all have a day we were born on, but was it "Dec 25"? The day " Dec 25" could not already be called Christmas, whatever day He was born was the day of His Birth.

I know that, Freedom. I just don't know what Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox means. I will look it up, though.

The thing about Christmas was just something Norm said out of his ignorance of the real meaning of Christmas. He didn't know what Easter was all about until I told him either, because we didn't go to church then. Just consider me a little naive. I missed out on part of life.

"In astronomy, the solstice is either of the two times a year when the Sun is at its greatest distance from the celestial equator, the great circle on the celestial sphere that is on the same plane as the earth's equator. In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs either December 21 or 22, when the sun shines directly over the tropic of Capricorn; the summer solstice occurs either June 21 or 22, when the sun shines directly over the tropic of Cancer. In the Southern Hemisphere, the winter and summer solstices are reversed."

"I'm cool with the pagan thing...It's quite obvious there was a reason our Christmas and Easter fall on the Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox...."

So, please explain why the statement above was made. Could it have been something God planned, that Christ be born at that time for a reason like the pagen said?

I may be way off, but from what I received from going through some passages in the Bible Jesus would had to been born maybe sometime in the Fall months. December would have been to late in the Season. I will stay away from Easter, I will let God's Word speak for itself. I grew up Catholic and Christmas and Easter were always a very special part of my life and had a special meaning so it is best that I fade out of this topic.
May the LORD bless you and your family with good bealth and peace in your heart.
Below is a link I came across, do what you will with it. Delete or read, your choice. I, myself just skimmed it.
Spiritualitea: Lady Day, the Vernal Equinox by Mike Nichols

As I've been taught, Jesus wasnt born near the 25. Or even December. Perhaps early fall like Freedom said but I do not recall, But it was decided by the church to celebrate His Birthday during the time of a pagan 'holiday' in order to draw attention away from that and towards God. Same with the date of Easter. But this is just what I was told, so don't hold me accountable! :D

I read all of it, Freedom. It just impressed upon me how satan has from the beginning of his fall, taken things from God and turned them around to make it look like it was his doing, not God's.

I know a little about the Wicca religion because one of my friends in Oregon is in it and she used to talk to me about it. She became deep into it. Her background is very pagen. Her mom and dad divorced while we were roommates in the 80's and then her mom moved in with her girlfriend and the dad, with his boyfriend. Sad story.

Anyway, satan has so many of these people so twisted in their thinking that they would have to make a complete turn to understand the love of God for them, which is not too hard for God. It just takes someone who has this power in them to make a difference. I would love to put my hand on a pagen's shoulder and share the gospel with them someday. They are so very lost and so many Christians fail to understand that all it would take is one touch of the power of God to dispell their beliefs and show them who is stronger. I don't know where this is all coming from, but I hope it makes sense. :p

We should never be ashamed nor scared of the power we have in us and to share it with people like them. It's probably easier said than done. But, I want to get to that place where I believe with all my heart that "Greater is He that is within me than he that is in the world." :israel:

Certain denominations have chosen to simply change the name and some of the meanings of pagan holidays as they found it easier to absorb these people into their religious systems that way- although contrary to the Word of God Over the years this became tradition and now it is generally accepted everywhere.
While most of these celebrations for the general public still have little to do with Christ I am grateful if even a few folks turn their attention to the Lord on these days. Besides these are the only two occasions so folks go to any church at all.

Neopaganism, yes, I know it grows quickly. I have spoken to many Pagans, and they used to be past-Christians, and many of them are homosexuals. They are more pleased with Paganism than Christianity, because all their "god" requires of them is "to respect everybody".

Well...its not about what feels more comfortable to you, its about truth. And if you cannot take the truth, then that's a shame :(

Please pray for the lost pagans...

Sadly most of those folks were involved in some religious activity that called itself Christian but never met the Father of Jesus Christ. They are in my prayers.

Back