Nephilim: Were they were parables, over-sized people, or indeed half-human, half-demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As requested from another thread, I post the above question. May I please....PLEASE ask all who respond to be courteous and Christian and civil and do not be argumentative.

This tends to be a highly passionate subject and people tend to want to force their opinions. I encourage you to use the SCRIPTURES to support your thoughts.

Genesis 6:3-4-5........
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God (bene Elohim) came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Numbers 13:30...........
"There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

Now one view that is a popular today but is HIGHLY unbiblical is that the Nephilim are space aliens.

Another view is that fallen angels bred with women and resulted in giants called Nephilim. Some believe the sons of God were the result of fallen angels who overtook ungodly men to breed with women.

Then another view is that they were the Sethites (descendants of Adam’s son Seth). Along with and actually encompassing that view is that kings, rulers, or heads of leading family groups as being godly from Psalm 82. This view has many similarities to the Sethite view but eliminates many of Seth’s descendants and merely keeps with the leaders/kings (as well as some other leaders of other tribes) as godly. This view actually has more Bible support than #2 and # 1 has NO Bible support at all.

So that I do not leave you in suspense, I will tell you up front that as a Bible proponent, I believe that #3 is the correct view.

WHY????

#1 has absolutely ZERO support from the Bible. It has ALL of its support from Hollywood movies and TV shows such as Star Trek and Star Wars.

#2 Has little Bible support and more with what we want to believe as opposed to what is actually said in the Scriptures.
The real, problem is Matthew 22:30.......
"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

That says that when we as Believers get to heaven we will be LIKE ANGELS and we will not be having SEXUAL relations with our spouses.

Second problem with FALLEN Angels/demons having sex with humans. ANGELS are "Spiritual". They do not have DNA. They do not have a physical body in which to have sex with much less to reproduce.

Third problem with the #2 view of demons reproducing with humans is found in Genesis 1:24...............
"And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so."

IF...IF, Demons could reproduce with humans and create a new, different "half-breed" -- Nephilim, then Genesis 1:24 has to be removed from ALL the Bibles as it makes God a liar!

So there it is.......discuss!

Ok, I'll bite.

My problem with the 'angel' view is then we would have critters that are half men and half angel, begging the question, "Since God took on our humanity to redeem mankind, 'which half were redeemed through the death of Jesus Christ?" (Jesus did not become an angel to redeem angels).
In Judgment, how would these 'half redeemed' (souls?) stand?

Well, I said I wouldn't post in this thread but here I go, however this thread goes or ends up.

Nephilim were not a pure race and would not be eligible for any grace from God or salvation. They were the opposite of God's plan just as all sin always is.

Keep in mind:

Nephilim means 'fallen ones".

Jesus didn't come to redeem these creatures but they were the target of the flood judgement. Noah preserved the pure DNA originating at Adam to continue forward to Jesus.

Genesis 6:1-4 (NAS)
"that the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not remain with man forever, because he is also flesh; nevertheless his days shall be 120 years.”
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of mankind, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Well, I said I wouldn't post in this thread but here I go, however this thread goes or ends up.

Nephilim were not a pure race and would not be eligible for any grace from God or salvation. They were the opposite of God's plan just as all sin always is.

Keep in mind:

Nephilim means 'fallen ones".

Jesus didn't come to redeem these creatures but they were the target of the flood judgement. Noah preserved the pure DNA originating at Adam to continue forward to Jesus.

Genesis 6:1-4 (NAS)
"that the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not remain with man forever, because he is also flesh; nevertheless his days shall be 120 years.”
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of mankind, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
I may be mistaken, but is sounds as though you are subscribing to the posistion that the Nephilim are half angel/half men. A bit of clarification would be helpful.

Ok, I'll bite.

My problem with the 'angel' view is then we would have critters that are half men and half angel, begging the question, "Since God took on our humanity to redeem mankind, 'which half were redeemed through the death of Jesus Christ?" (Jesus did not become an angel to redeem angels).
In Judgment, how would these 'half redeemed' (souls?) stand?

Exactly!!!!!

The next thought would then be.........Since these half men/half demons are on the earth, how do we know that the birth line of God's Son was not tainted by the blood of a Demon???

Now if you just roll that around in your head a second or two, you have to come to the conclusion that .....Yep, there is a real good chance then that the blood shed by God, was then in fact the blood of a demon.

THAT right there is "Scary"! x 100!!!!

Jesus didn't come to save half-breed demon flesh. He came to atone for the sin of those He created after His own likeness. Good grief.

But you see.....if there were such half breed demons/men how would anyone know which part would God save????

Now then.....where does it say in the Scriptures that ANGELS were created in God's image?

I may have to start posting one word at a time so people will take the time to read what I am saying.
Now then.....where does it say in the Scriptures that ANGELS were created in God's image?
There you go! That is the essence of warranted judgement. It does not. It was a perverted union and was corrupting the seed of Adam.

I may have to start posting one word at a time so people will take the time to read what I am saying.

There you go! That is the essence of warranted judgement. It does not. It was a perverted union and was corrupting the seed of Adam.

Then how do you explain how a spirit being was able to have sex with a human and reproduce anything.

Doesn't that completely destroy Genesis 2:24 and like kinds can only reproduce like kinds.

How do we reconcile such a contradiction?

And....IF the seed of Adam was corrupted......How do we know we have a Perfect Saviour whose blood cleanses us of ALL SIN?

Then how do you explain how a spirt being was able to have sex with a human and reproduce anything.

Doesn't that completely destroy Genesis 2:24 and like kinds can only reproduce like kinds.

And....IF the seed of Adam was corrupted......How do we know we have a Perfect Saviour whose blood cleanses us of ALL SIN?
How was Jesus conceived?

Then how do you explain how a spirt being was able to have sex with a human and reproduce anything.

Noah retained the final of the untainted DNA originating from Adam.

Noah retained the final of the untainted DNA originating from Adam.

What does that mean brother? What does "The FINAL of the Untainted DNA mean"?

What Scripture tells us that as this is just conjecture so far. Noah found GRACE in God, he did not find untainted DNA ....at least I do not think so.

Noah is described as “perfect” in his generations. The Hebrew word “tamin” translated perfect means “sound,” “whole,” “safe,” and “secure” and the word “generations” refers to all the people living in Noah’s time.

So Noah is described as an outstanding man during his generation. It does not in any way translate into DNA.

Now, Everyone, including Eve, came from Adam’s DNA.

MODERATOR COMMENT

This topic has been well discussed and, in the opinion of the Moderators, nothing further is to be gained because of a disagreement between posters.

The thread will now be closed.

However, if a member feels they have something to add which would advance the discussion, they are encouraged to contact a member of the Moderator staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back