never sick

never sick

Hello

I was wondering how you people think of this:

I was talking with a friend about some deep bible stuff and she believes that when you life real close to God, you will not get sick. Not even a cold.
She told me you cannot see it like "oh you're sick, you have not enough faith"
But she say: In the bible there's no example of christians who get sick and stay sick. They're always healed.
I didn't quite agree with her but I was wondering what do you think? Can we say that on earth when we life close to God we will not get sick? Please argument your answer with bibletext.

(Sorry If I made a few grammar mistakes, please let me know, I only learn from it:))

greets janneke

Actually that is kind of an interesting idea, but I can't say I completely agree with your friend.

One of my teachers last year had a wife that was an absolute angel ... Lived for God entirely. She had a certain pain in her stomach, and after going to the doctor one day they found out she had cancer. A few months later she died in the hospital. But she knew herself it was God's will for her.

I think sickness can still be another way for God to bring'em home.

Billy Graham is sick.
Sorry janneke your friend is wrong. I have personally known far too many really great Christian who became ill.
I am not aware of any promise anywhere in the bible that Christians are guaranteed freedom from illness at all times. Yes God can and does heal but that is another topic.

Just touching the bones of the Prophet Elisha raised a man from the dead and yet he died form an illness. With all due respect your friend is incorrect. This earth and all in it are under the curse of sin and death. We receive a new spirit when we are born again- our mind is renewed as the Holy Spirit breathes life on the Word of Gods and we receive it by faith but we do not get new glorified bodies until the great day of the resurrection.If what your friend said was true we would not die either and yet if the Lord tarries all our bodies will pass.

can,t remember the scripture ,but it does say about growing old ,and our waiting being a long time.

i live close to god, but i still get sick. (not that i'm super angelic or anything, though.) so is my mom and grandma and my grandma's in the hospital now.

We are reminded of those persons who were in the wrong place at the wrong time and were crushed by the Tower of Siloam when it collapsed.

Christ explains in several places in Scripture that 'accidents happen'. This Earth is not perfect and neither are any humans. Christ was the only perfect human, so the rest of us have to put up with sickness, accidents and grieving.

Review Luke 13:1-5 (KJV) for one of the mentions concerning accidents as well as 1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV) regarding burdens that we all experience. (The word 'temptations' as used in the KJV text there is from the Greek root for 'burdens'.)

Doesn't the Bible say a lot about accepting challenges and chastisments from God? What would be the point of this, if we are not supposed to endure hardships? 'Sides, St. Paul wrote about having a "thorn in his flesh", implying he had some sort of illness. Does your friend think she has greater faith than the Apostle?

Indeed.

1Pe 1:6
Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Doesn't the Bible say a lot about accepting challenges and chastisments from God? What would be the point of this, if we are not supposed to endure hardships? 'Sides, St. Paul wrote about having a "thorn in his flesh", implying he had some sort of illness. Does your friend think she has greater faith than the Apostle?

Totally agree with this, a fair few of my relations have had cancer, some of them have been healed some haven't. There would probably be a lot more christians if all of us didn't get sick.

Indeed. Some get healed, some walk through life struggling with infirmities, others go home to God which is ultimate healing. I have witnessed more than a few miracles of healing. I have witnessed more than a few who bore a burden with the strength and joy that can only come from Christ Himself. I have witnessed many a dear saint (sanctified church member) go home to be with the Master. A I stated earlier Elisha died of infirmity yet his bones held the anointing to resurrect a dead man.
That is a lot of words to say this- we pray, we trust , we believe and we walk by faith in our God knowing He will carry us every step of the way until we finally come home to be with Him.

1Th 5:16 Rejoice evermore.
1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Thank you for all your answers. But to make it more complex:):

The scriptures given by you all have something to do with challenges and chastisments. And of course we have burdens because we are not more than our master. ( joh 13:16) But isn't there any difference between suffering because of our faith of suffering because of illness. And a close question to that: If there's no difference does God give us illness than. He in who is no darkness ( 1 joh 1:5)

Yes I know, much more to think about:smile_anim:

This earth and all in it are under the curse of sin and death. We are spiritually reborn, our minds renewed but our bodies still bear the curse as is witnessed by the 100% death rate. We will have to groan and travail with all creation awaiting that day when we receive our resurrection bodies.

To me this is sad. I have a very close Minister friend (age 53) who has just been told he has Liver Cancer. At this point, his treatment if any, is only being determined. He once told me that "getting old is not for sissies" and from what I am seeing here he may never get old.:crying_anim:

FOLLOW UP: 41 days after he found out he was ill he died!

I am sorry to here that brother, you and your friend are in my prayers.

To me this is sad. I have a very close Minister friend (age 53) who has just been told he has Liver Cancer. At this point, his treatment if any, is only being determined. He once told me that "getting old is not for sissies" and from what I am seeing here he may never get old.:crying_anim:

I'm sorry to hear that AC. May the grace of our God be with you and your friend. :groupray:

Some desease and heatlth issues are most certianly caused by sin. and others indirectly becaue of situations and lifestyles contrary to the willof God.(Sexualy transmitted deseases, AIDS, Scyrosis of the Liver)and many simply because God allows them in ones life so that his glory can be manfest in their faith or healing.
Some can be controled and even midigated by the more obediant life style of true Christian faith and obediance. And there is alway God's intervention by way of providence and mircles.
So a faithful life does to some degree affect ones health to be sure. How ever there is no assurance that a faithful relationship makes one immune .
The other side of this(and the all to often espressed veiw) is that all desease and suffering is the direct result of ones personal sin. That those who suffer are either somehow less Holy or living a sinful life.
It is a belief that the Pharisees carried and Jesus answered and certianly one that is too prevelent today.

Which do you prefer???
Living a life free of Illness, trials and tribulation and spending eternity in Hell?????

Or?

Living a life common to man in a falling world and by faith in Christ Jesus living eternilay in heaven with our creator?????

sincerely
His
Cliff

One day in your temple is better
than a thousand
anywhere else.
I would rather serve
in your house,
than live in the homes
of the wicked.
psalm 84:10

!!!:dance::amen: