New Church Membership and Called Ministry

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hello brothers and sisters;

Back in January 2022 I stepped down after 11 years as our Church's Lead Pastor and ordained a new Lead Pastor to succeed me.

In June 2022 I started preaching at another church in Los Altos, CA. They are going through a rebuilding program called "Renew Program" since the Pandemic. Their Pastor died in 2020 and the attendance dwindled through the years from 500 to 9 members. We will be attending a class on their Church history and doctrine. We are called to help whatever we can to do serve the Lord so we will follow with a scheduled interview. Most likely in October the leadership which comprises of the long time deacon and two members will take a vote.

By next summer 2024 the Church hopes to gain a new Pastor.

Since we started attending last June 2022 there has been an increase of 10 or 11 new members bringing it to 20. It is humbling to serve in a Church that is rebuilding and exciting to see what God is going to do.

Please pray for my wife and me.

Love in Christ.
Bob

Dear brothers and sisters;

Last month my wife and I had an interview for membership with our new Church and last Sunday the congregation voted us in as new members. My wife and I had a long discussion and prayed over this new membership process. We both have never gone through this before with any Church we served.

We were considered the first couple to be voted as the Church is going through a rebuild program called Renew Church Ministry. We kept our heart's opened and submitted. God humbled us, it wasn't complicated and it felt good to be permanent members of our new Church.

I'll be serving in the rotation of preaching, possible teaching in our future Sunday school and evangelism / missionary and whatever else we can do to serve the Lord. Aside from Church I still officiate funerals, weddings and baby dedications but not on a full time basis.

I want to be able to spend more time with my wife and travel when we can.

We are still praying for a new Pastor and this may still take a full year. We interviewed a young candidate from North Carolina but he politely declined when he and his family got back home.

God bless you all, and thank you for your prayers.

Bob

Back