New coins

New coins

Is the united states truly ready to retry the dollar coin? "The mint will issue four presidential $1 coins per year through 2016. In 2008, four coins featuring the images of James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren are scheduled to be released."

You guessed it 'IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE!!! If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!
DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE. Together we can force them out of circulation.

http://www.newjerusalemcommunity.net/?c=49&a=1830

Would a business legally be allowed to do this?

Is the united states truly ready to retry the dollar coin? "The mint will issue four presidential $1 coins per year through 2016. In 2008, four coins featuring the images of James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren are scheduled to be released."

You guessed it 'IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE!!! If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!
DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE. Together we can force them out of circulation.

http://www.newjerusalemcommunity.net/?c=49&a=1830

Would a business legally be allowed to do this?

Probably not. There were several instances with the Susan B Anthony dollar were business refused it because the cash register drawer was not designed for the coin. If the person using the coin pushes the issue it is (and I suppose the new ones would be concidered the same) legal tender for all debts.
My one brother inlaw payed x wifes court won settlement in pennys. Just a little over 1600 dollars worth. It took him several months to gather them. and longer for her to exchange them because the banks and stores have limits on how much change they will accept and in what manner.

How ever one can refuse to accept them personaly for various reasons from the bank, store or another individual.

Personaly, I prefer that they not have "In God we trust" on the money.
I see it as a lie and an insult to God.

I have to agree with Theophilus, having "In God we trust" on our coins is a big lie. With all the athiest nowadays I would think they might stop putting that on the coins.

Dollar coins are a great idea.
In Canada we have 1 dollar and 2 dollar coins.
It cuts down on paper work.

It's waste here in the U.S. With the popularity of credit/debit cards paper and coin money will be obsolete with in the next 25 years any way.

That's the same situation here in Canada.

But for people like me who don't pull out their cards for minor purchases, like for a newspaper for instance, it's handy to have dollar coins.
I usually have around 15 dollars worth of loose coins in my pockets.
If I had to have that in paper money loose in the pocket it would be a mess.

Don't you folks get frustrated when someone pulls out a credit card for a 1 dollar purchase? I can't believe sometimes what people do at store counters.
The one that really gets me when you are in a line up and someone in front of you is buying lottery tickets. The scratch and win ones, they stand there scratching, if they win, they want no money but more tickets and it all starts over again..... than they can't make up their mind what kind of tickets they want. And on and on it goes.

I avoid stores and gasstations where they sell tickets.

Great idea for identification purposes, Struick...

Carry around as many metallic coins as you can and we will all be able to recognize you... You will be the guy at the gas station with his trousers around his knees because of all the extra weight...LOL :)

`

Great idea for identification purposes, Struick...

Carry around as many metallic coins as you can and we will all be able to recognize you... You will be the guy at the gas station with his trousers around his knees because of all the extra weight...LOL :)

`

What would be your reason for wanting to indentify me?? :eek:

I have to agree with Theophilus, having "In God we trust" on our coins is a big lie. With all the athiest nowadays I would think they might stop putting that on the coins.

Padelford, I think we should keep that on the coins.

Don't forget: North America is still in the shape it is because of prayers of a minorty of the population. If not, God would have to apologize for Sodom and Gomorrah.

With all te athiests nowadays would you want to shutdown the churches also??

While it is true that our money say "in God we trust" I am never quite sure which God the designers were talking about!

Back