New guy in CFS

New guy in CFS

こんにちは皆さん!
Hello all, and God Bless. I'm new here... as you may or may not have guessed by now.
I've been a christian for some time now, and would like to get to know some good Christian brothers and sisters. Just a small post from Bonnie Scotland saying "HI" to all Christians here!
God bless, and I'll be talking to you all later :)

Hi Seito, it is wonderful to have you here with us, perhaps you could share your testimony some time- I look forward to talking to you- in His Name Larry

Well done Mustardseed, it is indeed Japanese: 聖徒 for Disciple, because that is what I am. Thanks to you all for your warm welcomes, I'm looking forward to have a chat with you all. So for now, じゃまた (see you around)!

My face!! My beautiful face!! He stole my face!!

j/k Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Kanji is Kanji. There are about 5000 "Chinese" symbols used in primary education in Japan, as well as another 15,000 which are generally understood. Most Kanji symbols can be used as long as the furigana is accompanying it as well.

Kanji is the actual characters itself (i.e. 聖徒... out of curiousity what does this mean in Chinese? and how do you pronounce it?) and the Furigana is the Japanese pronunciation of it (i.e. 聖徒 = せいと (Seito))
Simple eh?
簡単ですね。

Welcome aboard

Cheers man, I'm looking forward to some good discussions, and banter :)

聖徒means disciples in chinese (also used in Christianity). So it's your name is it? And are you living permenantly in Scotland?

Thanks for the explanation.

By the way, Jeff knows some Japanese too! Way to go!

Yes, I'm living permenantly in Scotland: it's not too bad i guess, aside form all the rain that there is.
It's god to know that there's someone else who speaks Japanese. It'll be nice to have someone to speak to, to keep my Japanese up to scratch.

Jeff:
あなたは日本語をいいだ、と何年日本語話ちますか。

not off the top of my head. I know some Buchanans... I'm sure that if i search my brains I'll know a "Bukins"... it's not that uncommon. I know plenty of Campbells if thats the same? :)

Where about are they from? the town? county? That would narrow down my thinking: I'm Central-east Scotland.

They live in Tullibody but I can't find the borders of scotland on the google map so I can't say were that would be.

Well, I can tell you that Tullibody is in the county (region) of Clackmannanshire, and I'm in the region just east of there (Fife). Unfortunately, I don't know anyone from there. Sorry.

Back