New member.... John

New member.... John

Thank you for the help. I have found bibles I can download for my iPod Touch and also other bibles I can buy for my computer and as mentioned about biblegateway.com. I may go the electronic route for a bible and noticed many of the above have multiple bibles available.
As for more about me. I was raised Catholic and later decided to look at other religions. I even looked at Buddhism but came back to Christianity. I looked at a Lutheran church and various non-denominational churches. I just wanted to find the right one and still have not found the right church. I have looked at various online websites and the religious cable channels and also want to start reading the bible on my own.
My fiancee is Seventh Day Adventist. I also looked at that early on in our relationship and honestly don't think it's for me. I have talked to my fiancee about us reading the bible together or watching the Christian Cable Channels or finding a non-denominational church.
Unfortunately I don't think that is for her and she wants to stay with the SDA church but at the same time I don't think the SDA church is for me. The challenge in my life is as we move forward in this relationship finding how we can come together on religion and learning more about the Bible.

Hi John,

Its awesome to have you onboard the forums....I hope you will enjoy your time here on the forums..

Throughout my Christian life ive discovered one very important thing. I don't know if it applies to other people but for me ive discovered that, "Christianity is not a religion but its having and maintaining a relationship with God our creator" :)

I hope that made sense...

Rock on man
Jake

1127168qo8basv9g8.gif

Hi John, Welcome to the site, may the Lord richly bless you and your significant other!

John 1:1-18

The Deity of Jesus Christ

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

The Witness John

There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.
There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word Made Flesh

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. John testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’” For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

After this, Jesus, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, to fulfill the Scripture, said, "I am thirsty." A jar full of sour wine was standing there; so they put a sponge full of the sour wine upon a branch of hyssop and brought it up to His mouth. Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit. John 19:28-30

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. Revelation 1:17-18

www.carm.org

Hi John, I hope you will find many great things on this forum and I also pray thet you will find a church where God wants to plant you:)

Back