New Preachers...olde Time Religion

So my Pastor has got me all fired out from our Wednesday night service. Basically, we need some new preachers with some olde time religion. If I recall correctly, he said something to the effect of "if it's got anything to do with new-it's not Godly!" And he's right.

How is all this 'new' religion working out for us? Did Jesus Christ pull punches when it came to the truth? No He didn't. So why do we? Why do we need 'new' versions of the Bible if God is always the same?

We need some preachers who will be BOLD in the Lord. Have a backbone and speak in truth whether or not feelings get hurt. I am not saying be spiteful; just but straight-'make straight the way of the LORD!"

We have compromised the Word of the Lord with compromise, tolerance and sensitivity to the point the SIN is oozing out of every crack in the pavement.

What do you think?

I think we have to be careful not to abandon one thing for another. That is, we don't need to abandon holiness and righteousness to be sensitive and gracious. Nor do we need to abandon mercy and grace to preach the truth about obedience and holiness. Holiness, righteousness, obedience, purity, truth, and justice are all good things which God desires for us because He loves us. Sin, disobedience, spiritual apathy, and carnal self-interest are not good for us, leading us into destruction. Holiness and righteousness are not just a rigid standard of what is right, they are part of a joyous and wondrous relationship with God.

Back